[act-ma] We Shall Not Be Moved: A Photo Documentary of the Local Housing Rights Movement

a eneh eladirb at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 07:53:26 PST 2011

We Shall Not Be Moved: A Photo Documentary of the Local Housing Rights Movement, presented by Kelly Creedon and City Life/Vida Urbana

Come hear from people fighting back against eviction in their communities

City Life/Vida Urbana organizes tenants and former homeowners to prevent eviction after foreclosure and protect their families and communities. Based in the working-class neighborhoods in and around Boston, the group has been effectively using a combination of legal defense, collective action, and political protest to stop evictions since 2008.

We Shall Not Be Moved is an on-going multimedia documentary project by photographer Kelly Creedon, in partnership with City Life/Vida Urbana. The project tells the story of this growing movement.

Thursday, February 24, 4p
Dudley Branch Library
65 Warren Street
Roxbury, MA

For more information about City Life/Vida Urbana: 617-524-3541 x315, x310, 304 (en español x303)
For more information about the library event: 617-442-6186 or aeneh at bpl.org