[act-ma] Join NetSquared Boston tonight for "Speed-Geeking: A Nonprofit Tech Meeting of the Hearts" from 6:30-8:30pm!

Austra Zubkovs austra at socialcontxt.com
Tue Feb 22 07:54:24 PST 2011

Hello MA Progressives!

Last call:  Calling all altruistic techies and nonprofits with new media
needs! We'd love to see you tonight to help make our "Speed-Geeking: A
Nonprofit Tech Meeting of the Hearts" events both a great Meetup, and one
representative of the community we're all trying to create!

Can't offer your tech services discounted or pro-bono? Is your nonprofit
already on the cutting edge? No problem! Just getting the talking started
around these issues and strategies to tackle them would be a big help to
many of the people attending tonight. Plus, it's always great to network and
meet new friends aMission-Based-Massachusetts at yahoogroups.com nd business
contacts!

Please kindly let us know if you can or can not make it by 5pm today -- we
want to make sure we get you on the security list if you're joining us.
RSVPs on our Meetup page are sufficient (http://ow.ly/4186p). Feel free to
bring guests techie or nonprofit, just please let us know who they are so
they can get past the front desk with you.

If you can't make tonight's, please check out our other upcoming events and
see if any interest you.

We're easily accessible via public transportation by taking the Silver Line
one stop from South Station to the Courthouse. We're located on Fan Pier at
the One Marina Park Drive building on the MassChallenge floor. It's a really
cool space with tons of start ups and white-board walls. Plus a great view
of planes taking off from the airport! The perfect setting for a little
nonprofit + techie love.

All attendees are welcome to keep the networking going after the Meetup and
join us for dinner or a beet at the Atlantic Beer Garden down the street.

I hope to see you there!

Austra

February. That month where you absolutely love love or hate love, with
little in between.

So this February 22, use it as a time to either continue rejoicing your
celebration of love, or to laugh it all off with a little geeky fun:

Join NetSquared Boston for "Speed-Geeking: A Nonprofit Tech Meeting of the
Hearts" on Tuesday, February 22 from 6:30-8:30pm!

This month's Meetup is modeled on speed dating -- set up to match altruistic
techies in Boston with the nonprofits who need their cutting-edge skills.

If you’re a nonprofit who could use an extreme makeover (or even just a
facelift) in social media, web design, online training, graphic design,
mobile marketing or database management, this mixer is for you! If you’re a
techie who can partner with these nonprofits to find low-cost (or *pro bono*,
just throwing it out there) technical solutions to social issues affecting
us all, this mixer is for you! Actually identifying as a geek is optional.

While some may have previously heard of speed geeking in a presentation /
vendor-pitch style, this mixer is going back to its speed dating roots -- in
fact, while business cards may be exchanged,* no pitching is allowed*. We
just want you to make a little nonprofit tech geeky romance!

The room will be set up in traditional speed dating style, and each pairing
will be given five minutes with each other. You must (1) introduce yourself,
(2) discuss the hottest technology a nonprofit should watch out for this
year, and (3) discuss some of the challenges or successes you've had keeping
up.

At the end, we'll all meet up again and discuss what we see a the top
nonprofit tech trends of 2011!

SCHEDULE
6:30-7:00 Socializing and setting the mood (and rules)
7:00-8:00 SPEED GEEKING
8:00-8:30 Group recap and discussion

Join us for dinner and beer at Atlantic Beer Garden after the Meetup.

Candy hearts and wine will be provided.

To visit NetSquared Boston, go here: http://www.meetup.com/net2boston/