[act-ma] BOSTON UNAC MTG MONDAY, MARCH 14, 7 PM, ENCUENTRO 5, 33 HARRISON AVE., 5TH FLR, BOSTON

Marilyn Levin marilynl at alumni.neu.edu
Fri Mar 11 20:27:02 PST 2011

SUPPORT THE FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY AND AGAINST EXPLOITATION AND OPPRESSION
THROUGHOUT THE ARAB WORLD!

US HANDS OFF LIBYA, IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, PAKISTAN, and PALESTINE!

MONEY FOR JOBS AND EDUCATION, NOT WAR!

NO TO RACISM, ATTACKS ON MUSLIMS, IMMIGRANTS, UNIONS

BUILD THE NATIONAL ANTIWAR MARCHES ON

APRIL 9TH AND 10TH!

The inspiring events in the Middle East and North Africa and the dangers to
the revolutions posed by the US & NATO make the role of the US antiwar and
solidarity movements more important than ever.  The people of Wisconsin lead
the way in fighting for basic rights and social justice. It is up to us to
say the American people support the aspirations of all people for freedom,
justice, peace, and economic security.

We've seen what mass actions can accomplish, in Egypt, Tunisia, Madison and
around the world.  We, too, need to march in the streets to visibly
demonstrate our solidarity and to tell the administration that we won't
stand for continued support to wars, occupations, and repression.

The timely demonstrations called for April 9 in New York and April 10 in San
Francisco give us the opportunity to show our government and those who look
to us for support that the U.S. movements for peace and social justice are
alive and well and will stay the course.

People around the country are mobilizing for these demonstrations.  More
than 500 individuals and organizations have endorsed, including SEIU 1199,
the largest union in the US, (see UNAC website) and the momentum is growing
daily.  It is predicted that these will be the largest demonstrations seen
in the US for a number of years.

COME TO A PLANNING & ORGANIZING MEETING TO BRING HUNDREDS OF MASS. ACTIVISTS
TO NEW YORK ON APRIL 9.
JOIN US ON MONDAY, MARCH 14, 7 PM, ENCUENTRO 5, 33 HARRISON AVE., 5TH FLR,
BOSTON (NEXT TO CHINATOWN)

If you haven't already joined the growing list of endorsers, go to the
United National Antiwar Committee (UNAC) website to sign up:
<http://www.unacpeace.org> www.unacpeace.org or email: unacpeace at gmail.com.

For transportation information,

contact BostonUNAC at gmail.com ,    781-285-8622