[act-ma] 4/4 Social Media Skillshare; Order Your SoJust Shirt

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 11:53:01 PDT 2011

Hey fellow activists and organizers,

Socializing for Justice now has over 1700 members!  We're growing very
quickly and will be at (or over!) 2000 members by our 5th birthday party in
September. Tell your friends to sign-up at www.sojust.org.

*Pre-Order Your SoJust T-shirt*
2 styles to choose from! Learn more and place your
pre-order<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGtiU0hfREROeTdqS3pDTFZieTItQlE6MQ#gid=0>
.

*Skillshare: Leveraging Social Media for Social Justice**** - Monday, April
4 - 6-8:30PM*
The NonProfit Center by South Station
*Do you want to master integrating your media message across multiple
channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, email)?* We're very excited that
Amanda Johnston, integrated media guru at GLAD, has agreed to facilitate
this training. Go beyond social media 101 and get some tips and tricks on
using social media tools to further your organization’s mission.  We’ll talk
about how using social media for your organization differs from personal use
(and in what ways it’s the same); negotiating resistance and barriers to
social media use in your organization; and thoughts on creating a
constructive social media policy.*
Learn more and RSVP: *http://www.sojust.org/events/16961382/ (bring your own
dinner)

*New Leaders Council: Invest in a Progressive Future - Wednesday, April 13 -
6-8:30PM
*Hennesey's by Faneuil Hall
I wanted to let you know about an excellent leadership training program for
young progressives, New Leaders Council Institute. As a 2011 Fellow, I receive
top-notch training in the Institute (at no cost!) and I'm connected with
NLC's amazing alumni network. The 2011 Fellows are deeply grateful for this
opportunity, and with your help, we can pay it forward. *Please join us at
our fundraiser featuring comedian and actor Jimmy Tingle! Tickets are $20
($25 at the door). Show your support of the NLC Institute with a sponsorship
of $50 or more!
Purchase tickets and sponsorships at http://www.bit.ly/NLCBoston.*
*RSVP FOR UPCOMING EVENTS*
April 14 - Potluck & T-shirt Swap for
Justice<http://www.sojust.org/events/16962004/>@ The Democracy Center
in Harvard
May 2 - Skillshare: Art of the
Schmooze<http://www.sojust.org/events/16962412/>@ The NonProfit Center
May 19 - Connecting for Justice
<http://www.sojust.org/events/16962589/>(SoJust's Open House) @ Lir on
Boylston
Then it will be summer and we can play outside: Recess, Beach, Hiking and
Camping!

*Help spread the word via SoJust Facebook
events<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8770189934&v=app_2344061033>
*.

*"Where can I hold my event? Know any good venues?*" *Share Your Venue Leads
*
*(We've received 8 leads so far - we'll make this list public when we have
at least 25)*
I often get asked for suggestions for where to hold different events. What
would be really helpful is if we had an organized resource list of venues in
the Boston area that would host progressive/activist meetings or events.
With your help SoJust is going to build this list. Please share your venue
leads via www.bit.ly/VenueLeads. Together we'll build a stronger progressive
movement in Boston. (We'll be updating this form with additional a/v
questions shortly - thanks to the help of folks who shared their expertise).

For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
Co-Founder & Co-Organizer Socializing for Justice
@sojust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> |
@robbiesamuels<http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>|
www.robbiesamuels.com
www.linkedin.com/in/robbiesamuels
www.linkedin.com/groups/Socializing-Justice-SoJust-3690546

*Socializing for Justice isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3).* We're a grassroots
volunteer-run member-supported cross-issue progressive community that's been
growing steadily since August 2006. We have over 1700 members, we've hosted
over 90 events and we manage an online hub of progressive events and
resources at www.sojust.org. If you've benefited from this cross-issue
progressive network please contribute the suggested annual membership fee of
$25. You may do this online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our
events. Thank you for helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded
progressives of all stripes.

*Resources available at www.sojust.org
** *At the root of SoJust's vision is the philosophy of abundance - we
firmly believe that sharing knowledge leads to infinite possibilities. We
manage an online hub at www.sojust.org that includes a calendar
<http://www.sojust.org/calendar>of cross-promoted social justice events, a list
<http://www.bit.ly/BostonCalendars>of 40+ web calendars, a message
board<http://www.sojust.org/boards>(
*you must be logged in to access*) for job openings and volunteer
opportunities, and - with your help - soon we'll be sharing a list of event
venues.

*Did you see this awesome SoJust video
clip<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Oeq1TjPc0>?
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Oeq1TjPc0