[act-ma] Screening of Bhopali and one-on-one with Sanjay Verma

Leonid Chindelevitch leonidus at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 4 08:51:30 PDT 2011

Monday, April 4, 7:30pm - 10:30pm
Tufts University Fletcher School of Law - Room 206

Please join the International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal (ICJB) and AID
Tufts for a screening of "Bhopali", a documentary directed by Max Carlson.

The documentary has won 2011 Slamdance film festival best documentary award.
Please visit www.bhopalithemovie.com for teaser preview and other information.

One of the main characters, Mr. Sanjay Verma, will be visiting Tufts during the
screening. There will be a question answer session after the movie.

December 3rd 1984 killed more than 10,000 people in a single night. The cause
was a leak from a tank containing methyl isocyanate at the chemical factory in
Bhopal owned by Union Carbide Corporation (current owner Dow Chemical).

26 years later children are still born with birth defects and 100,000 are
chronically ill. People are still drinking contaminated water.

ICJB is an international organization fighting for justice for the survivors of
the Bhopal tragedy, considered to be the largest industrial disaster in
history.

Hope to see you at the screening!

Leonid, on behalf of ICJB Boston

You can also join the Boston for Bhopal Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62013857026
--
Please take action for justice in Bhopal: studentsforbhopal.org/raiseyourvoice
Please note that I do not read email or take calls between 9 AM and 9 PM.