[act-ma] NCMR Welcome Party Tonight (4/7) 7 p.m.! Plus OMB's NCMR Schedule ...

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Thu Apr 7 10:26:45 PDT 2011

Hi Open Media Boston supporters,

Just a quick update to say that we're co-sponsoring the "National
Conference for Media Reform Welcome Party"  with Press Pass TV tonight
(April 7th) at 7 p.m. at encuentro 5, 33 Harrison Ave., 5th Flr., in
Boston's Chinatown. Featuring the music of Toussiant the Liberator!

$5-10 sliding scale suggested. Proceeds help fuel local journalism.

Directions are here
http://www.encuentro5.org/contact.htm

And here's the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174994012552973

****************

Also, as a local host committee member-organization, Open Media Boston
will be active at this weekend's National Conference for Media Reform -
http://conference.freepress.net/.

So here's our conference schedule (all conference locations will be
announced in the final NCMR program onsite)

Tomorrow, April 8th, at 1 p.m. we'll be co-hosting the NCMR's Boston
Caucus with the Design Studio for Social Intervention.

Saturday, April 9th, at 2 p.m. we'll be co-hosting a roundtable on
forming a Boston media reform network with Free Press

Our roving reporters David Goodman and Peter Miller will be taking in
the scene and writing up reports, and all OMB affiliated folks
(including Carly Maltais and I) will be sending out tweets on Twitter at
the NCMR hashtag: #ncmr11

We'll also have a booth in the exhibition area where we'll be hanging
out between events and meeting and greeting.

We'll also be running the live Free Speech TV NCMR feed at
www.openmediaboston.org through the entire conference.

So please come participate in our events and say hi if you're attending
NCMR.

And come to tonight's party - it's open to all!

Cheers,

Jason Pramas