[act-ma] FW: [BostonUNAC] Come to the UNAC meeting on Monday and Build the Antiwar Movement!

Kevin Heaton kevwsc at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:51:46 PDT 2011

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:34:34 -0400
Subject: [BostonUNAC] Come to the UNAC meeting on Monday and Build the Antiwar Movement!
From: yuval.sivan at gmail.com
To: bostonunac at googlegroups.com; unac-discussion at googlegroups.com

The April 9th rally was amazing: 10,000 people marched in protest of war, occupation and austerity. It mobilized both old lefties and the newly politicized, church groups and college students, feminists and environmentalists, Arabs and Muslims - especially encouraging when their communities have been under attack for so long.

We brought two buses from Boston; a few weeks ago, we weren't even sure we could fill one. But this is a time when consciousness is shifting. I'm sure some people reading this email have had the experience of being the only one against the war in their family, the only radical in their workspace or the only activist in their campus. It's time to shake those experiences off: between Cairo, Madison and everything else, resistance is in the air.

April 9th may not have been as big as previous demonstrations, but it was a great start. We can build a renewed and revitalized antiwar movement, one which will eventually be even larger than it was in 2003 and 2004, that can succeed in ending the wars - if we build it now. The upcoming UNAC Boston organizing meeting is the next step.
I urge everyone - both individuals and groups - to come, and build the future of the antiwar movement.
Organizing MeetingBoston United National Antiwar Committee

7 PM, Encuentro 5, 33 Harrison Ave., 5th Floor, Boston
-Yuval Sivan
P.S. This weekend, myself and some other members of the ISO will be calling the people who signed up on the bus and inviting them to come to the meeting on Monday. If anyone would like to help out, please let me know.