[act-ma] [UJP] Memorial Day for Peace

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Thu May 26 07:59:20 PDT 2011

UJP: Memorial Day for Peace

MEMORIAL DAY FOR PEACE

Please join Veterans For Peace, Military Families Speak Out, United for Justice
with Peace, Gold Star Families for Peace and the American Friends Service
Committee for a ceremony for Peace on Memorial Day.

Speakers to include:

John Schuchardt – House of Peace, Ipswich, MA

Ross Caputi – Marine veteran of the Iraq War (2003 – 2006)

President of Boston University Anti-War Coalition

Kevin & Joyce Lucey, parents of Corporal Jeffrey Lucey, U.S. M.C.

Melida & Carlos Arredondo, Gold Star Families for Peace, parents of Marine Lance
Corporal Alex Arredondo U.S,M.C.

Oday Mahmood & Ayfer AbedAljibar– Iraqi Refugees – Will speak on behalf of
the new Iraqi community here in Massachusetts.

James Vanloy – Poet

John Olivere – Singer/Songwriter

Brian Quirk – Bagpipe player (Merrimack Valley People for Peace)

We will recite the names of those fallen from Massachusetts who passed away in
support of what we believe to be illegal and illicit wars in Iraq and
Afghanistan.  Flowers will be dropped into Boston Harbor in memory of these
young men and women. Names of Iraq and Afghanistan civilians killed in the
conflicts will also be read by family and friends.

We mourn deeply all those who should not have lost their lives in war, sadly,
perpetrated by misguided leaders, leading a misinformed public and an
over-extended military into two immoral wars we greatly oppose.

“War is a Racket”! -Smedley D. Butler, Major General U.S.M.C.

Directions from the Aquarium T stop:

Follow the signs in the station for Waterfront and Aquarium.

As you exit the T station, turn right on Atlantic Ave. and turn right again
after passing the Long Wharf Marriott. Enter Christopher Columbus Park. The
event will be taking place along the harbor, look for the Veterans for Peace
white flags.

Download the Flyer [1]

		 [2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [4]

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [5]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [6]

Upcoming Events:

		Memorial Day for Peace [7]

		Mon May 30

		1:00pm

		Christopher Columbus Park

		Boston

		Dorchester Day Parade - Peace Contingent [8]

		Sun Jun 5

		12:00pm

		Lower Mills

		Dorchester

		WCES Annual Meeting and Potluck Dinner with Charles Derber [9]

		Sun Jun 5

		6:00pm

		St. John's United Methodist Church

		Watertown

		Fund Our Communites, Not War! [10]

		Sat Jun 11

		12:30pm

		Worcester Friends Meeting

		Worcester

		Raytheon, Missile Offense & Endless War: 19th Annual Space Organizing
Conference [11]

		Fri Jun 17

		5:00pm

		Merrimack College

		North Andover

		Festival for a Nuclear-Free Future [12]

		Sat Jul 16

		2:00pm

		Copley Square

		Boston

		10 Years After [13]

		Sat Oct 1

		9:00am

		Boston

		Social Movements/ Digital Revolutions Conference [14]

		Fri Oct 21

		6:00pm

		Lesley University

		Cambridge

More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]

[1]
http://justicewithpeace.org/files/VFP-Smedley-Mem%20Day%20for%20Peace-Flyer-Speakers5-11.doc
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org