[act-ma] Video: Flashmobs for Farmworkers in Boston grocery stores!

Reed Miller reedmiller17 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:52:59 PDT 2011

*<<<Please Forward Widely>>>*

*Boston Sass Attack takes on Stop & Shop and Trader Joes for Farmworker
Justice*

<goog_427780768>
Watch the video of THREE QUICK FLASHMOBS
HERE!<http://bostonsassattack.org/?p=320>
Please hit "like" to boost our ratings!  Viral video = Solidarity in action.

*Visit ciw-online.org for more campaign information and to take
action<http://ciw-online.org/tools.html>
!*
*
On Sunday May 22nd, Boston Sass Attack and friends took on Stop and Shop as
well as Trader Joes with their new cheer in support of the Coalition Of
Immokalee Workers' Fair Food Campaign to the tune of "Hit Me Baby One More
Time".  **  Neither Stop and Shop, whose parent company Ahold is based in
Quincy, MA, nor Trader Joes are being responsible stores by agreeing to
leverage their purchasing power and stop slavery and abuse in their tomato
supply chain in Immokalee, Florida.  They need to do the right thing, and
sign on immediately!*

To keep coalitions strong, the group kept the flashmobs outside of those two
unionized Stop and Shop stores in Brigham Circle and Brookline, but took it
inside the Trader Joe's in Coolidge Corner!  And you never know...we might
be coming back...