[act-ma] SoJust Summer Events Calendar

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:58:54 PDT 2011

Hey fellow activists and organizers!

Can you believe it? Socializing for Justice is turning 5! We'll be
celebrating our 5th birthday on September 14 - save the date! Until then,
we're hosting lots of great events where you can get connected with
like-minded progressives. Check out our events below and all the social
justice events we cross-post on the SoJust
Calendar<http://www.sojust.org/events/calendar/>
.
Are you one of the SoJust STARZ?? Attend 3 SoJust events in 3 months and
become one of our regulars (aka STARZ)! This summer we're hosting another
STARZ-only brunch social, in September we'll be hosting a planning dinner
and our annual retreat is in January. Show up and get involved! We love our
STARZ!

 **

*RECESS FOR JUSTICE**
Saturday, June 25 - 11:00 AM
*Southwest Corridor Park (by Stony Brook)

We can't wait for summer to finally arrive!

[image: event_23143866.jpeg]

Bring your favorite game or check out the assortment of fun we'll have on
hand: Frisbees, kickball & chalk (for 4-square!), jump rope, basketball,
softball (bring a glove) and whatever other randomness we can think of. If
it's hot we can run through the fountain sprinkler to cool off.  Around 1pm,
we'll likely get out of the heat by going to Ula Cafe for lunch.
*RSVP for Recess:* http://www.sojust.org/events/17521346/ Fee: $2

*SKILLSHARE: SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE INVESTING *by Joby Gelbspan
*Monday, July 11 - 6:00PM
*The NonProfit Center (by South Station)

*Uncertain how to work towards a secure financial future while living out
your values?* *Don't miss this skillshare!*
How do we manage our finances to best sustain ourselves and support our
vision of a more just economy? This is a chance to learn investment basics
and discuss financial management with a local progressive activist and
finance professional. No prior knowledge expected: we'll start with
fundamentals and definitions. Participants should come away with a more
intuitive sense of how to use investments, and ideas about how to research
and choose between different financial tools without checking your politics
at the door.
*RSVP for Skillshare: *http://www.sojust.org/events/22244381/ Fee: $10-$20

*BEACH FOR JUSTICE
**Sunday, July 24 - 11:00AM
*Carson Beach (by JFK/UMass)

Looking to meet like-minded progressives while working on your tan?

[image: event_32180481.jpeg]

Well, bring your sunscreen - we'll be soaking up the sun for justice! We'll
be there from 11am-1:30pm so stop by anytime. We'll be the gaggle of folks
having fun in front of the first parking lot.  Plan ahead and bring snacks
to share or get something at the snack bar. This is definitely a
family-friendly event - dogs are welcome too!
*RSVP for Beach: *http://www.sojust.org/events/22248831/ Fee: $2

*SKILLSHARE: BUDGETS FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS *by Eva Boyce
*Monday, August 1 - 6:00PM
*The NonProfit Center (by South Station) *Are you responsible for a budget,
but not a finance whiz? Don't miss this skillshare! *Details TBA.
*RSVP for Skillshare: *http://www.sojust.org/events/22253731/ Fee: $10-$20

*
FIELD DAY FOR JUSTICE
Saturday August 20 - 11:00AM*
Southwest Corridor Park (by Stony Brook)

You always loved Field Day when you were a kid - why should kids have all
the fun?

[image: event_32177171.jpeg]

What's included in Field Day, you ask? Oh, just an Egg Race, Balloon Toss,
Sponge-Bucket Race, 3-Legged Race, and Tug of War! Other possibilities
include: Parachute games, Blob Tag, Red Rover, Human Knot and Crab Soccer.
Rest up! Some SoJusters have been known to be pretty fierce competitors! (Of
course, it's all fun and games...)
*RSVP for Field Day:* http://www.sojust.org/events/22257671/ Fee: $2

Have a great summer - hope to see you lots!
Robbie

*_____________________*
  @robbiesamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/robbiesamuels> |