[act-ma] Bunch of New Articles at Open Media Boston (weeks of 6/15-7/6/11)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Thu Jul 7 13:37:11 PDT 2011

Hi folks! We're back - after my break for this semester's MFA residency
(and the subsequent "week of being fried from school"). I'll be taking a
short vacation in a couple of weeks, too, but for now check out the
latest (double or possibly triple) edition of Open Media Boston. Cheers,
Jason ... p.s. - this summer slow patch is a great time to pitch me your
op-ed ideas ...

News: Labor Advocates Push for Temp Agency Regulation, Face Strong
Industry Opposition
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1891

News: Civic Counsel Protests Grand Jury Investigation of Boston
Supporters of WikiLeaks
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1884

Editorial: Open Media Boston 2011 Summer Appeal
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1892

Editorial: OMB Editor Takes School "Break" ... Staff Continues to Look Busy
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1885

Opinion: Third Time's A Charm? Verizon Hopes So.
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1883

Arts: Seeing Beyond The Mass "Consensual Hallucination"
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1896

Arts: Figures & Fictions: Contemporary South African Photography
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1897

Arts: Mike Leigh's "Ecstasy"
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1898

Featured Visuals by Jason Pramas
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1899
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1886

If you'd like to join OMB's Facebook community go to our organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/openmediaboston/.

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. For registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,
Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.