[act-ma] Tenants Rights Teach-In Thursday, July 14, 6-8pm at City Life/Vida Urbana

María Christina Blanco mcblanco at diezlunas.org
Mon Jul 11 20:54:20 PDT 2011

*Tenants Rights Teach-In Thursday, July 14, 2011,  6-8pm*

City Life/Vida Urbana Office, 284 Amory St. First Floor, Jamaica Plain
Map here
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=284+Amory+Street,+Jamaica+Plain,+MA&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.460237,39.902344&z=16>

*How do I deal with problems with my landlord?*
-Getting bad conditions fixed
-Rent Increases
-Eviction
-Plus: Special concerns of Section 8 &Public Housing tenants

*Who can help me advocate for myself?*
-Free/low-cost legal services
-Forming or joining a tenant association
-Community organizations and resources

*Why is it so hard to find decent housing I can afford?*
-How much public affordable housing have we lost over the past 30 years?
-Who benefits more from government subsidies in housing: low-income
families or the wealthy?
-What is the gap between the lowest and highest income earners in our
country today vs. 30 years ago?

*What is happening to change this and where do I sign up???*

Refreshments served, kids welcome.  Traducción a español disponible.
For info or to register: call 617-524-3541 x313 or email
mcblanco at clvu.org <mailto:mcblanco at clvu.org>Drop-ins also welcome - hope
to see you there!