[act-ma] [UJP Activist] FRIDAY: "Hibakusha, Our Life to Live", with a Talk by the Filmmaker

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 06:46:37 PDT 2011

UJP Activist: FRIDAY: "Hibakusha, Our Life to Live", with a Talk by the
Filmmaker

FRIDAY: \"HIBAKUSHA, OUR LIFE TO LIVE\", WITH A TALK BY THE FILMMAKER

Friday, August 5, 2011, 6:30 pm

All Saints Parish • 1773 Beacon St – corner of Corey Rd • Brookline

Boston premiere of the film about the survivors of the atomic bomb attacks on
Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  The screening will be followed by a talk and Q&A by
the filmmaker, David Rothauser, who is a Brookline resident.

On August 6, 1945, a great terror was thrust upon the world. David Rothauser’s
80 minute documentary, Hibakusha, Our Life to Live, probes the life stories of
Japanese, Korean and American survivors of the terror; the atomic bomb attacks
on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There is an URGENCY here. The survivors are dying off, victims of radiation
poisoning and other a-bomb related diseases. It is equally important to tell the
stories on film of people who should never be forgotten. To keep their memory
alive is to make an active contribution to a world where peoples of all races
may embrace life as a precious gift and no longer live in the fear of nuclear
annihilation.

To make this movie, Memory Productions completed over 90 hours of filming,
including interviews with Japanese, Korean and American hibakusha and
international youth participating in the 60th Anniversary Peace Ceremonies in
Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Sponsored by All Saints Parish; co-sponsored by Massachusetts Peace Action [1]
and Brookline PAX [2].

		 [3]

United for Justice with Peace [4] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [5]

Please forward this message widely

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [6]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [7]

Upcoming Events:

		\"Hibakusha, Our Life to Live\", with a Talk by the Filmmaker [8]

		Fri Aug 5

		6:30pm

		All Saints Parish

		Brookline

		Conference: End the Endless Wars and Occupations, Bring the Troops and War
Dollars Home!   [9]

		Sat Oct 1

		9:00am

		Suffolk University

		Boston

		Stop the Machine! Create a New World! [10]

		Thu Oct 6

		10:00am

		Freedom Plaza

		Washington, DC

		Social Movements/ Digital Revolutions Conference [11]

		Fri Oct 21

		6:00pm

		Lesley University

		Cambridge

		Peace in Asia and the Pacific: Alternatives to Militarization [12]

		Fri Oct 21

		7:00pm

		American University

		Washington, DC

More Peace and Justice Events [13].    How to Submit Events [14]

[1] http://masspeaceaction.org
[2] http://brooklinepax.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org