[act-ma] Boston Labor Day March & Festival 2011

Nancy Kohn nancybkohn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:38:25 PDT 2011

*Boston Labor Day March & Festival 2011
Monday, September 5 · 10:00am - 1:00pm*

*Cambridge City Hall
795 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA*
**
What do Harvard University and General Electric have in common?
Turns out, plenty.

Whether it's raising tuition, paying executives and administrators
astronomically high salaries, or trying to gut generations of fair labor
contracts, Harvard and GE are contributing to rising inequality and the
decline of the middle class. And they're not alone.

With all of Corporate America and virtually all of the political elite
against us, we have to take a stand. Workers built this county, and only
workers can rebuild it.

This Labor Day join Local 615 as we take to the streets.

Marching? Oh yeah.
Rallying? Duh.
Giant Puppets? Of course.
And fun for the whole family? In the way that only fighting for justice for
all can provide.

Agenda for the Day:
10:00am - Meet at Cambridge City Hall
10:45am - March to Harvard Square
12:00pm - Rally in Cambridge Commons with special guests