[act-ma] The Cambridge Peace and Justice Chorus first meeting sept 15 7 PM New School of Music opp the Mt Auburn Hospital

David Fillingham dfillingham at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 11 17:14:05 PDT 2011

Hello Music Lovers,

Please help us reach people that love to sing or want to learn more. Our first meeting/sing is coming up soon.

Below are the details and attached is a word document that can be posted.

The Cambridge Peace and Justice Chorus
David Fillingham Music Director Brenda Steinberg Founder
Contact David Fillingham at dfillingham at pobox.com or 617 230-1904
The first organizational meeting is on Thursday, September 15th at 7:00 at the New School of Music. The address is: 25 Lowell Street (opposite Mt. Auburn Hospital). We plan to meet on Thursdays.

We will start as a singalong. The chorus will perform at events of Cambridge for Justice with Peace, at shelters for the homeless, The Children’s Hospital, Veterans Shelter, etc. Wherever we can help people who need a lift, feel isolated, yearn for peace. But mostly we are singing for each other.

Singalongs
Why Shouldn't We? Mary Chapin Carpenter

SATB (Soprano Alto Tenor Bass)
Swinging on a Star
Over the Rainbow
Good Night Irene – Huddie Leadbetter
This Land is Your Land – Woody Guthrie
You are the Sunshine of My Life – Stevie Wonder
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
In My Life – Paul McCartney and John Lennon
Yesterday – Paul McCartney and John Lennon
El Grillo - Josquin des Prez
Union Maid
I thought I Saw Joe Hill
Any suggestions or help from singers is welcome.
We are going to have a great time!

Music for a While, an acapella choir of soloists, is being formed in a yet to be determined location in Boston. Music for a While will be composed of experienced singers and soloists. We hope to be a resource for the choral community.
Two Take Six songs – A Quiet Place, A Take Six Christmas.
Charles Ives – The Sixty Seventh Psalm SAATTB
Geographical Fugue – E. Toch in German (no singing just speaking SATB in rhythm).
David Fillingham, the music director, has a deep library of music from the Middle Ages to contemporary composers, and access to any piece needed. He graduated with a degree in Music from Brandeis University from 1981 – musicology, conducting, and orchestration.

It is the artists of the world, the feelers and thinkers, who will ultimately save us; who can articulate, educate, insist, sing, and shout the big dreams.
Leonard Bernstein

--
Best regards,
David Fillingham mailto:dfillingham at pobox.com

You are me, and I am you.
Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"?
You cultivate the flower in yourself,
so that I will be beautiful.
I transform the garbage in myself,
so that you will not have to suffer.

I support you;
you support me.
I am in this world to offer you peace;
you are in this world to bring me joy

1989. Written during a retreat for psychotherapists held in Colorado
if by chance we meet, that's wonderful. If not, it couldn't be helped."

~Thich Nhat Hanh