[act-ma] 9/21 "We Destroy the Environment, We Destroy Ourselves" @ IHCD, 6-9pm

alisa alisa.wind at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 19:00:59 PDT 2011

*"We Destroy the Environment, We Destroy Ourselves" - Jonas Salk*
  A Roundtable Discussion

Join us to discuss the climate crisis, global warfare, and transitions to
sustainability from community organizing perspectives. With presentations on
community models adapting to climate change, a look at root causes and the
effects of corporate imperialism and global warfare, we will engage in a
multi-issue open discussion on 'where we are' and 'where we're going' with
the increasing vulnerability of our ecosystems and social cohesion.

*Sept. 21st, 6-9pm*
Institute for Human Centered Design
200 Portland Street, Boston, MA
Close to Gov't St, Charles/MGH T
Click Here for Directions<http://www.adaptenv.org/index.php?option=Content&Itemid=394>
Light snacks offered
FREE event

*Among the Presenters:*

Valerie Fletcher, Institute for Human Centered Design, Executive Director
                           Discussing Social Equity and the Global
Accessibility Movement
Garry Sotnik, Systems Science student, PSU, presenting on Portland's Five
Ecodistricts
                           and methods for communities transitioning to
sustainability
Maggie Zhou, Molecular and Computational Biologist, Climate SOS, UNAC,
Antiwar Activist
                           Discussing global warfare , crop failures,
pandemics, and ecosystem collapses

Follow on Facebook: Climate Crisis, Global Wars, and
Sustainability<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=245767648787710&pending#%21/event.php?eid=245767648787710>
More info at: www.encuentro5.org
Organized by: MESA sin fronteras <http://www.mesasinfronteras.org/home/>

Hoping you will join us!