[act-ma] [UJP] Stand Firm, Senator Kerry!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Mon Sep 19 04:59:56 PDT 2011

UJP: Stand Firm, Senator Kerry!

STAND FIRM, SENATOR KERRY!

Dear friend,

Three years after the onset of the Great Recession, Washington is focused on
cutting deficits instead of on creating jobs.  Senator John Kerry is one of 12
members of a Super Committee charged with cutting $1.5 trillion from the
deficit.   Will he stand firm?

Join UJP's 25% Campaign, Massachusetts Peace Action, and Progressive Democrats
of America at a Brown Bag Lunch Vigil at Sen. Kerry’s office this Wednesday
noon [1]!  We'll say: Create jobs; no cuts in Social Security, Medicare,
Medicaid, or services; ask the affluent to pay their fair share of taxes; stop
the wars  in Iraq and Afghanistan and reduce Pentagon spending significantly!

Senator Kerry says [2] that cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are
inevitable.  But that is not true: ending the wars and a 25% cut to the
military would alone save far more than $1.5 trillion.

Call your Member of Congress!  The Massachusetts House delegation's meeting
with Sen. Kerry about the Super Committee will take place this Wednesday. If you
didn't call or email your Member of Congress last week, please do it now at
(202) 224-3121. Or send your Representative an email using our online form [3].
Ask him or her to tell Sen. Kerry: stand firm against cuts in Social Security,
Medicare and Medicaid and insist on real solutions instead.

Together, we can remind Sen. Kerry to stand with the people of Massachusetts,
not with the billionaires and the military-industrial complex!

- Cole Harrison

              UJP 25% Task Force

The Debt Deal, Entitlements, Taxes, Budgets, and Military Spending [4]

Training for Activists

Jo Comerford, Executive Director, National Priorities Project

Tuesday, September 20, 7pm

Community Church of Boston • 565 Boylston St., Boston • Copley Sq or Back
Bay (T)

This training seminar will give activists the knowledge they need to explain the
federal budget, the debt deal and the People’s Budget in their communities and
build pressure on Sen. Kerry and our Congressional delegation to do the right
thing.

More information [5]

		 [6]

United for Justice with Peace [7] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

             [8]

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [9]

info at justicewithpeace.org [10]

            		617-383-4857

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [11]

Upcoming Events:

		The Debt Deal, Entitlements, Taxes, Budgets, and Military Spending [12]

		Tue Sep 20

		7:00pm

		Community Church of Boston

		Boston

		Stand Firm, Senator Kerry! [13]

		Wed Sep 21

		12:00pm

		downstairs from Senator John Kerry's Office

		Boston

		Vigil in Solidarity with the Immigrant Community!  [14]

		Wed Sep 21

		6:00pm

		Boston City Hall

		Boston

		Palestinians Tell the World: Sovereignty Means Securing Our Rights!  [15]

		Fri Sep 23

		5:00pm

		Harvard Square

		Cambridge

		Protect yourself from profiling and preemptive prosecution [16]

		Sat Sep 24

		10:32am

		Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center, ISBCC

		Roxbury Crossing

		Ending the Endless Wars and Occupations [17]

		Sat Oct 1

		9:00am

		Suffolk University

		Boston

		Stop the Machine! Create a New World! [18]

		Thu Oct 6

		10:00am

		Freedom Plaza

		Washington, DC

		Afghanistan: Why Obama Must Change Course [19]

		Tue Oct 18

		7:00pm

		First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist

		Jamaica Plain

More Peace and Justice Events [20].    How to Submit Events [21]

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/3047
[2]
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2011/09/11/kerry-entitlement-cuts-tax-increases-likely-hard-truths-supercommittee-work/Qg1pkq1fyK8ZfITpsjS4OJ/story.xml
[3]