[act-ma] 10/13 "Paths of Poetry" Fundraiser for e5's Wheelchair Accessibility

alisa alisa at encuentro5.org
Sun Sep 18 21:14:47 PDT 2011

*"Paths of Poetry" *
*a dinner fundraiser for accessibility at e5*

DATE:   Thursday, October 13th, 6-9pm
PLACE: Institute for Human Centered Design
              200 Portland Street
              Boston, MA
ENTRY: $35/plate Online
              $50/plate At-the-Door
MORE INFO: "Paths of Poetry" <http://www.encuentro5.org/home/node/219/>
RSVP:   "Paths of Poetry" Registration<http://www.encuentro5.org/home/node/218/>

---

Friends,

Join us for an inspiring night of poetry and dinner to raise funds for
turning encuentro 5 into an accessible space. "Paths of Poetry" will be
hosted by two extraordinary women, Karen Schneiderman of BCIL and Martina
Robinson, a National Disability Examiner, who will be sharing her poetry and
engaging local artists to share their work. This dinner brings together a
spirit of sharing food and celebrating the poetry of our struggle for a just
and inclusive world, while raising the funds to jump start e5's transition
to wheelchair accessibility.

We will also present updates of the ACCe5S! Project, which has been working
together with people from the disability community in carving out plans for
an accessible front entrance and a brand new wheelchair accessible bathroom,
while connecting to the global movement for inclusive social design and
universal access. As e5 approaches accessibility, dozens of progressive
social change groups that meet there regularly and hold their events at e5
also become accessible spaces, further expanding our horizons and the
network of solidarity.

To learn more about "Paths of Poetry," please visit: "Paths of
Poetry"<http://www.encuentro5.org/home/node/219/>.
To register for a plate at "Paths of Poetry," please visit: "Paths of
Poetry" Registration <http://www.encuentro5.org/home/node/218/>.

We are hoping to reach $5,000 from this event, towards our estimated goal of
$50,000 for the entire project. To learn more about the ACCe5S! Project,
please visit: access.encuentro5.org. To make a contribution, please
visit: Support
the ACCe5S! Project <http://www.encuentro5.org/home/node/186>.

If you have any questions or suggestions, would like to help out with
organizing this event, or would like to help with the ACCe5S! Project,
please contact me at alisa at encuentro5.org.

Hoping to see you there!
Alisa.

--