[act-ma] Work with a Journalist ~TRN

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Sep 28 18:18:11 PDT 2011

donate to The Real News
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A0C:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>
		logo
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A09:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

Are you camped out on Wall Street? Did you film protestors taking over
Greek State TV? Do you have original research about campaign financing?
The Real News would like to present your footage, photographs and
research to a wider audience.

With the generous support of the Knight Foundation, TRNN has been
developing a series of interactive online news applications. We're
pleased to launch the first one -Work With A Journalist.
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A0D:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

Through Work With A Journalist, our journalists and producers make
requests for research, footage and images and if you have something to
add, you can upload it directly to the application.

You can also evaluate other users' contributions. If you see footage or
research that you really like, vote it up by clicking on the up arrow
next to the contribution. If you don't care for it, vote it down.

We already have several open requests for footage, research and images
on the following topics

Youth and the criminal justice system
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A04:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

The anti-austerity campaign in Europe
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A05:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

The Tar-Sands protests
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A06:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

Occupy Wall Street and Day of Rage movements
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A07:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

Oil Shale extraction in Israel and Jordan
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A08:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>

Remember, sometimes these requests are very time sensitive and a
response is required right away; in this case by the time you've added
research, the story has been produced. Nonetheless, don't hesitate to
contribute research or footage as it could be used in follow up stories.

Make sure that when you are contributing research, you evaluate whether
or not it comes from a credible source. Typically, reliable sources of
information cite the sources of their data, avoid speculation and
inflammatory language, and include the author's name. Click here
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A0E:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>
for a more detailed guide on how to tell if a source is reliable.

We're really excited to launch the Work with a Journalist application
and hope that you take advantage of the opportunity to contribute your
footage, images and research. It's a great way for The Real News to make
sure that our viewers are involved in making real news.

Clickhere
<http://premiere.whatcounts.com/t?r=1664&c=907042&l=36646&ctl=1697A0D:673DD15196584629C84FCAA1053C0D2CEDC3615173C7E546&>
to begin responding to journalists' requests for research support.