[act-ma] #OccupyBoston, OMB Goes Daily - and More - at Open Media Boston (week of 10/3/11)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Wed Oct 5 13:02:22 PDT 2011

Hi folks! Check out our biggest ever edition of Open Media Boston! As
you'll read in our editorial, we massively amped up our operation to put
out roughly 4 times our normal weekly output - doubling our staff and
audience in the process. Why? Because the new #OccupyBoston - part of
the fast-growing #OccupyWallStreet process - has exploded out of the
gate and offers the best hope for a progressive revival in this country
than we've seen in a long time. If you haven't made it down to the OB
Dewey Square encampment, by all means do. More than likely you'll see
one of our new OMB Special Events Unit reporters on the scene, bring you
the latest news on #OccupyBoston actions. We're still covering our
normal beats too; so keep sending those press releases, and - as ever -
we always encourage folks to send in op-ed on issues they're passionate
about. More to come. Enjoy!

News: Wrapup: #OccupyBoston Encampment Day 3, Evening General Assembly
Meeting
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2024

News: Wrapup: Dewey Site Firmly Grounded on Day 2 of #OccupyBoston
Encampment
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2023

News: VIDEO: Quick Cuts from Fourth #OccupyBoston General Assembly,
First Night of Dewey Square Occupation
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2022

News: Wrapup: Fourth #OccupyBoston General Assembly, First Night of
Dewey Square Encampment Draws Over 1000
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2021

News: 1000+ Activists March on Bank of America in Protest of Predatory
Lending Practices; 24 Arrested
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2020

News: VIDEO: Noam Chomsky Statement in Support of the #OccupyBoston Movement
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2019

News: Wrapup: Third #OccupyBoston General Assembly
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2018

News: "No Truth" to Activist Rumor of Shutdown Tomorrow at B of A's 100
Federal St. Building
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2017

News: With Consensus Decision Making Process And Inspirational Words
Activists Launch #OccupyBoston
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2016

News: Wrapup: Second #OccupyBoston General Assembly
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2015

News: Wrapup: First #OccupyBoston General Assembly
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2014

Editorial: OMB Goes Daily, We Need Your Support to Keep Covering the
Popular Movement for Social Justice
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2027

Arts: PHOTOS: 6th Annual HONK! Festival of Activist Street Bands
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2026

Featured Visual by Jason Pramas
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/2031

NEW: If you'd like to follow OMB's new Tumblr blog go to
http://openmediaboston.tumblr.com/.

If you'd like to join OMB's Facebook community go to our organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/openmediaboston/.

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. For registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,
Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.