[act-ma] Today & Tomorrow: Social Movements/Digital Revolutions - Connect w/#Occupy Mvmnts

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Fri Oct 21 04:36:47 PDT 2011

   Friday/Saturday: Social Movements and Digital Revolutions

[image: Social Movements - Digital
Revolutions]<http://www.digitalmediaconference.org>

Starting with a town hall meeting this Friday at
MIT<http://www.digitalmediaconference.org/2011/node/11>,
and then a full day of hands-on
workshops<http://digitalmediaconference.org/2011/taxonomy/term/1>on
Saturday, the Digital Media Conference, themed, “Social Movements and
Digital Revolutions,” connects some of the most important organizing work
and our latest digital tools. Aimed at movement organizers, activists and
progressive techies, this conference is imbued with the spirit of the
#Occupy movement but links with ongoing peace, pro-immigrant, worker and
democracy organizing.

See the conference schedule<http://www.digitalmediaconference.org/2011/node/12>
.

Our workshop list
<http://digitalmediaconference.org/2011/taxonomy/term/1>caters to both
beginners and more advanced organizers and techies. Topics
range from using social media, to organizing food co-ops, to local versions
of Wikileaks, to pro-immigrant mobile tech.

[image: Marcher]Our Friday
plenary<http://www.digitalmediaconference.org/2011/node/11>(MIT)
brings together some of the finest minds thinking about media,
technology and their implications for democracy. It includes a New York
Times journalist, documentarians and a leader of Free Press.

On Saturday (Lesley University), our lunchtime
plenary<http://digitalmediaconference.org/2011/node/31>asks hard
questions about the #Occupy movement with its local
organizers, participants from the Wisconsin Wave, observers of the
European mobilizations and community-based thinkers.

Sunday features self-organized event spaces and follow-up meetings on a per
event request basis (contact organizers - info at digitalmediaconference.org).

Social Movements & Digital Revolutions: Visit the conference
website<http://digitalmediaconference.org/2011/> to
check out the workshops, learn about our  #Occupy mega-plenary, register for
the event, ask questions and connect with us.

[ http://www.digitalmediaconference.org ]

NOTE: While we are able to waive fees for grassroots activists and
co-sponsoring organization members, lunch costs $10 for the catered lunch or
you may purchase separate menu items directly from the Lesley U. cafeteria.