[act-ma] Fri. Oct. 28 @ 7:00 PM: Radical Refuge: 70 Years of World Fellowship @ JP Forum

Liz Wambui lizw at ips-dc.org
Tue Oct 25 09:23:54 PDT 2011

This week @ the JP Forum--

Radical Refuge: 70 Years of World Fellowship

When: Friday October 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Where: First Church in Jamaica Plain Unitarian Universalist, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Presenters: Andrew Davis and Andrea Walsh, Co-Directors

To RSVP and invite your friends on Facebook, Click Here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124832637624424

The World Fellowship Center is a unique, affordable, progressive oasis on 455 acres in the splendor of New Hampshire’s White Mountains. Founded in 1941 as a retreat center nestled in the White Mountains of N.H., this “camp with a social conscience” has a rich history of promoting peace while considering issues of justice, freedom and peace as our society shapes itself for future generations.

Since 1941, The World Fellowship Center has provided opportunities for people of different backgrounds to meet and discuss the issues of the day. The Center is secular, not-for-profit, multicultural, and inclusive. Our commitment to peace, social justice and the environment is at the core of our mission. The power of World Fellowship is the power to educate and then inspire, as people learn from each other and then go forth to make a better world.

World Fellowship is an ideal destination for individuals, couples, families and groups for a weekend, a week, or longer. Have a family reunion or peace group retreat. Take a family vacation or have your wedding here. Year after year, new guests and families that have been coming for decades, make World Fellowship their special home away from home.

Join us as we celebrate the 70th anniversary by learning the history and impact of World Fellowship.

Elizabeth Wambui
Institute for Policy Studies-Northeast Office
Office Manager and Jamaica Plain Forum Coordinator
E-Mail: LizW at Ips-dc.org
Program on Inequality and Common Good
www.inequality.org
www.jamaicaplainforum.org