[act-ma] TMRW: Ocupemos El Barrio 6pm at NUBE in East Boston...

Brian K bdubkwob at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:47:52 PDT 2011

Hey folks,

Please spread the word about  Ocupemos El Barrio meeting of the Latino
community, which is taking place tomorrow at 6pm in East Boston.

As one organizer said, "everyone is encouraged to be there. At the same
time, organizers are asking people from Occupy Boston and other
organizations to respect the autonomy of Ocupemos el Barrio. By that I mean
that the Latino/Immigrant Community has a particular set of grievances and
problems and our meeting is tailor towards airing those challenges that we
currently have and we want to face. By this I mean, deportations, racial
profiling, the new Mass law legislators want to pass to prohibit immigrants
from having a license, the Dream Act, etc.... We also think that given the
particular nature and community that Ocupemos el Barrio is seeking to
organize, how we organize has respond organically to our reality."

In other words, please come with respect, humility, and solidarity.

Thanks,
Brian