[act-ma] #occupydata Hackathon Friday 9th - Sat. 10th Dec. E14-240

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Dec 9 06:19:59 PST 2011

Passing this along the source is Kawandeep Virdee
<kawandeepvirdee at gmail.com>

#occupydata Hackathon Friday 9th - Sat. 10th Dec. E14-240

I wanted to highlight an additional opportunity to connect with the

occupy movement-- the #occupydata hackathon, bringing together
journalists, activists, scientists, designers, and coders together to
share ideas and projects, and build things together. It begins
tomorrow (Friday) morning.

In addition to the details below, OccupyVIEW is making available the
most comprehensive dataset of all of the occupy movements around the
world.  When I looked at all of the cities participating, it was
awe-inspiring just to see the solidarity of the movement.  Please
forward this to anyone you know who may be interested.

More info
http://civic.mit.edu/event/occupydata-hackathon-data-mining-and-visualization

MIT Media Lab
E14-240 (near Kendal Sq. T)