[act-ma] 1/24 #MegaTweetup, 2/6 Time Mgmt Skillshare, 2/14 Singles Party

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 06:00:32 PST 2012

Hi fellow activists and organizers,

*What a great Connecting for Justice event last Thursday!* The photos
are up<http://www.sojust.org/photos/5560352/>!*
*Were you there?* Were you surprised by how welcoming and friendly everyone
was? SoJust really is the anti-clique. Why not Yelp about
SoJust<http://www.yelp.com/biz/socializing-for-justice-boston>so
others know what to expect?
*Who'd you meet?* Tell us about your great
connections<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/forum/1398514>.
*Stay connected!** *Join our official website at www.sojust.org, our Facebook
Group <http://www.facebook.com/groups/8770189934/>, our LinkedIn
Group<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Socializing-Justice-SoJust-3690546>,
follow @SoJust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> and
@RobbieSamuels<http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>
.

***Co-Sponsored Event***
1/24: 3rd Annual #MegaTweetup <http://www.sojust.org/events/49189222/> -
http://megatweetup3.eventbrite.com
SoJust strongly believes that progressive organizations and campaigns
should be taking advantage of social media tools to further our missions.
We're partnering with #MegaTweetup to encourage you to attend and get
connected with resources. Not on Social Media sites like Twitter, Facebook,
or LinkedIn? Don’t let that stop you from attending. There will be plenty
of Social Media Mavens present that can provide you with tips on how to get
started and help you see the value of social media for your career and
organization.

*Socializing for Justice (SoJust) **is all about building a cross-cultural,
cross-issue progressive community, network and movement in Boston based on
the philosophy of abundance. *We're doing it by putting the SOCIAL back in
SOCIAL JUSTICE. We focus on creating welcoming spaces that foster
relationship-building across issue silos.

*UPCOMING SOJUST EVENTS - RSVP @ www.sojust.org*
2/6: Skillshare: Value-Based Time Management
2/14: Dating While Progressive (Valentine's Day Singles Party)
2/23: Happy Hour for Progressive Faculty & Staff
(Campus2Community.net<http://campus2community.net/>
)
3/5: Skillshare: Fundraising - Getting Past the Fear of Asking

*From our Progressive Events Calendar:*
1/27: Criminal Injustice: The High Cost of 3-Strikes Laws in
MA<http://www.sojust.org/events/49176792/>
1/28: Disobedience School Class of 2012<http://www.sojust.org/events/47656142/>
View dozens of cross-promoted events at www.sojust.org/calendar.
Post your own event - follow these instructions: www.bit.ly/post2SoJust.

*From our Message Board:*
Take Action
1/22: Save the T March & Rally <http://www.sojust.org/events/49190852/>

Jobs/Internships
Intern at RESIST, Inc.<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/19582502>
Youth Services Manager at Samaritans,
Inc.<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/19414372>
Program Associate at the Hispanic Black Gay
Coalition<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/19543822>

*SoJust isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3) and receives no outside
funding.*We're a grassroots, volunteer-run, member-supported,
cross-cultural,
cross-issue progressive community that's been growing steadily since August
2006. We have almost 2000 members, hosted 110+ events and manage an online
hub of progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org. We also share
resources via several projects:
Campus2Community.net<http://www.campus2community.net/>,
ProgressiveVoterIndex.com <http://www.progressivevoterindex.com/>, Event
Promo Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonCalendars> and Venue Referral
Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonVenues>.

*If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive network* please
contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this
online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all
stripes.

Thank you!
Robbie
Robbie Samuels