[act-ma] [UJP] Senators Kerry & Brown: Don't Break Our Hearts!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Fri Feb 10 01:16:58 PST 2012

UJP: Senators Kerry & Brown: Don't Break Our Hearts!

SENATORS KERRY & BROWN: DON'T BREAK OUR HEARTS!

On Valentine’s Day—Tell Senators Kerry & Brown

No More Cuts! Tax the 1%!

End the Wars!  Invest in Jobs!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012
11:45 am to 1:00 pm
Downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's office, One Bowdoin Square, Boston
Government Center or Bowton (T)

On November 15th, 2011 we delivered over 4,500 letters from tenants, peace
groups, labor unions, commu- nity organizations, and Boston voters to Senators
Kerry and Brown.  TOGETHER we called for both Senators to make positive
decisions about the Budget Cuts in Washington DC. Our demands:

•   Make the wealthy 1% and corporate tax cheats pay their fair share

•   No cuts to Social Security, Medicare, housing & other vital programs

•   End the wars, bring the troops home and cut military spending

•   Create jobs and get people back to work

SENATORS KERRY AND BROWN, STOP BREAKING OUR HEARTS!

BOTH Senators PROMISED to answer EVERY letter!

We have yet to hear from Sen. Kerry, and Sen. Brown’s response was not good
enough!

Meanwhile, Congress has ALREADY VOTED to cut 9% from EVERY federal discretionary
program—from Section 8, education, unemployment, veterans, Public Housing and
more!

SO WE ARE BACK! OUR Senators need to hear from us!

Sponsors: Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants, Massachusetts Peace Action, ARISE for
So- cial Justice (Springfield), Mary Ellen McCormick Tenant Task Force, American
Friends Service Committee, Chinatown Residents Association, Union of Minority
Neighborhoods, Progressive Democrats of America, Dominican Development Center,
Massachusetts Jobs with Justice, AFGE Local 3258, UJP Afghanistan/Pakistan Task
Force

Contact: MAHT at  maht at saveourhomes.org, 617.267-2949/617-233-1885

              Mass Peace Action at info at masspeaceaction.org [1],
617-354-2169

		 [2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

             [4]

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [5]

info at justicewithpeace.org [6]

            		617-383-4857

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [7]

Upcoming Events:

		Occupy the T [8]

		Mon Feb 13

		3:00pm

		Copley Square

		Boston

		Senators Kerry & Brown: Don't Break Our Hearts! [9]

		Tue Feb 14

		11:45am

		Downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's office

		Boston

		Occupy Peace Summit [10]

		Fri Feb 24

		6:00pm

		Friends Center

		Philadelphia, PA

		Occupy AIPAC! [11]

		Fri Mar 2

		9:00am

		Washington, DC

		Remember Fukushima: Walk for a New Spring [12]

		Fri Mar 2

		9:00am

		Seabrook, NH to Plymouth, MA to Vernon, VT

		Seabrook, NH to Plymouth, MA to Vernon, VT

		Remember Fukushima! [13]

		Tue Mar 6

		6:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Meeting Center

		Cambridge

		Challenging the Pivot: The U.S., China, & Alternatives to Asia-Pacific
Militarization [14]

		Tue Mar 13

		7:30pm

		Episcopal Divinity School

		Cambridge

		Massachusetts Jobs with Justice 20th Anniversary Dinner [15]

		Thu Mar 15

		6:00pm

		Suffolk Downs

		East Boston

More Peace and Justice Events [16].    How to Submit Events [17]

"		Attachment
"
"		Size
"