[act-ma] March 11 Forum with Barney Frank "Fund our Communities" in Newton

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Tue Feb 28 06:54:32 PST 2012

Sunday, March 11, 2:30pm "Fund Our Communities, Not War"
at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 1135 Walnut St., Newton Highlands MA, 02461.

This free public forum on cutting military spending and better funding our
communities will feature presentations by Congressman Barney Frank (D,
Newton), State Representative Ruth Balser (D, Newton), and others.

The annual US military expenditures equal those of all other nations
combined. Defense makes up over half of the annual US discretionary budget
and has increased by 50% since 2001. In contrast, US expenditures for
education, health, police and fire, public assistance, and infrastructure
have been repeatedly cut over the past years and face even more cuts in the
future. Does this truly represent what most Americans want as their national
priorities? Come hear and participate in a vital discussion of these issues.

Near Newton Highlands T (Green Line) and public parking. For more
information email:ntndlg at comcast.net

Sponsored by Newton Dialogues on Peace and War, Massachusetts Peace Action,
Watertown Citizens for Peace, Justice, and the Environment, Women's
International League for Peace and Freedom - Boston chapter, and Newton
Highlands Neighborhood Area Council