[act-ma] March 21 Occupy Quincy Community Discussion

Lisa Lu opus_lu at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 17:01:32 PST 2012

Occupy Quincy is proud to announce our first community discussion!  We will have two speakers and community discussion to follow.

“War and the Occupy Movement.”
     with
Dr. Paul Atwood: Senior  Lecturer on American Studies at UMass Boston, Interim Director of The William Joiner Center for the Study of War and Social Consequences, Vietnam Era Veteran and member of Veterans for Peace, author of “War and Empire: The American Way of Life”.

“The Foreclosure Crisis”
     with
Steve Meacham: Organizing Coordinator for City Life/Vida Urbana, a leader in the Foreclosure Eviction Defense Campaign.  In response to the devastating impact of the foreclosure crisis on communities in Boston, City Life launched a major campaign in 2007, the Post-Foreclosure Eviction Defense campaign to help keep people facing foreclosure in their homes.

Join us for a timely discussion of these important issues!

Wednesday, March 21
7:00pm to 8:45pm
Thomas Crane Public Library
40 Washington St.  Quincy, MA 02169