[act-ma] 3/17 An Evening with Gamelyn Oduardo - A Strike Organizer

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Mar 10 08:55:34 PST 2012

      An Evening with Gamelyn Oduardo - A Strike Organizer

*Saturday, March 17th, 2012, 7:00 p.m*. Join us for an evening with
Gamelyn Oduardo. Last spring, students at the University of Puerto Rico
waged a militant, ten-month strike fending off devastating cuts, tuition
hikes, and privatization schemes. As a strike leader and law student,
Oduardo served on the student coordinating committee for the strike at
the Rio Piedras campus in the united effort to defend students against
the attacks on public education. He is coming to share his experiences
and draw from the Boston occupy movement as we defend our rights and
communities.

Encuentro 5 <http://www.encuentro5.org/home/directions>
33 Harrison Ave. 5th fl (near Beach St. Chinatown)

http://www.encuentro5.org/home/