[act-ma] Wed 3/28 FSU-Radio The Racial Divide & Unity in the 99% w/ Emmet Schaefer - 7 pm

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Tue Mar 27 08:47:56 PDT 2012

FSU-Radio Programming Upcoming...

Every Wednesday 7:00 pm on OB RADIO (http://obr.fm <http://obr.fm/> )

Set your Internet Browser to OBR.FM.

Wed 3/28

The Racial Divide & Unity in the 99%

with Emmett Schaefer

Emmett Schaefer is a senior lecturer in sociology at U. Mass Boston. His
classes all center around race, gender and social class.  He will talk about
the racial divide in this supposedly post-racial country of ours, and the
need, in building unity among the 99%, to address issues that if not
acknowledged could divide us, such as structural or institutionalized
racism. We, the 99% really do have much in common, and our common purpose
can only be strengthened by attention to structural inequalities among us.

Set your Internet Browser to OBR.FM.

Information about The FSU Program and Occupy Boston Radio...

Occupy Boston Radio is currently available by internet only.  You can reach
us at http://www.occupyboston.org/radio/ or http://obr.fm <http://obr.fm/> ,
or by going to http://occupyboston.org <http://occupyboston.org/>  and
choosing "Radio" from the red menu bar at the top of the page.  Once on the
page, click the "play" arrow on the radio player control app to begin
listening.   Listener participation is possible via call-in or IRC chat -
see phone number and link on the radio page.

FSU-RADIO is an educational series by Occupy Boston's Free School
University. Our goal is to form an autonomous zone and share skills needed
to maintain that, to entertain educate and enliven Occupiers and the general
public. Our purpose is to provide support and space for skill sharing and
sharing basic info regarding Occupy Boston and to encourage
self-organization, teaching, and learning opportunities.

Our Wednesday program consists of TALK radio featuring educational content
such as lectures, panel discussions and interviews.

Host: David Knuttunen (guest hosts from time to time)

Time: Every Wednesday 7-8pm on OBR.FM

To propose a guest for the program, email fsu at occupyboston.org, or call
David Knuttunen 617-558-5853.