[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Corporations and the 1%: Pay your Taxes! Fund our Communities!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Mon Apr 9 12:00:22 PDT 2012

UJP Activist: Corporations and the 1%: Pay your Taxes! Fund our Communities!

CORPORATIONS AND THE 1%: PAY YOUR TAXES! FUND OUR COMMUNITIES!

For most Massachusetts residents, April 17 is the deadline to file our income
taxes -- but for some corporations, Tax Day never comes.

Military contractors like General Electric are among the worst corporate tax
dodgers. They are paid by taxpayers to produce weapons, which are used for wars
we don’t need -- and they don't even pay taxes on their income.  General
Electric produces military aircraft engines in Massachusetts.

Despite billion-dollar profits, these corporations have managed to avoid
taxation altogether, with some even raking in hundreds of millions in tax
refunds. This rampant corporate tax dodging is bankrupting our communities,
forcing mass layoffs, slashing vital services and closing schools and community
centers.

Enough is enough. It's time for big businesses and the wealthiest amongst us to
pay their fair share, just like the rest of us do. On Tax Day -- Tuesday, April
17 -- Boston is taking to the streets to send a clear message to corporations
and the 1%: PAY YOUR TAXES!

TAX DAY MARCH & RALLY

3:00 Rally at military contractor General Electric, 125 High St.  Please let
us know you'll be there [1].

5:30 Rally at Dewey Square

6:00 March through the Financial District

Sign-up to Participate: taxdayboston.org [2]

Download the Flyer [3]

Coalition

AFL-CIO, Greater Boston Labor Council [4]
Alternatives for Community and Environment [5]
Boston Workers Alliance [6]
Chelsea Collaborative [7]
Chinese Progressive Association [8]
City Life/Vida Urbana [9]

Coalition to Fund Our Communities Cut Military Spending 25%
Community Labor United [10]

Dorchester People for Peace
Eastern Massachusetts 25% Campaign [11]

Health Justice Boston
Massachusetts ALF-CIO [12]
Massachusetts Jobs with Justice [13]
Massachusetts Peace Action [14]
MassUniting [15]
Move On [16]
Neighbors United for a Better East Boston (NUBE) [17]
New England United for Justice [18]
New England War Tax Resistance [19]
Occupy JP [20]
Resource Generation [21]
Right to the City Boston [22]
United for a Fair Economy [23]
Wealth for Common Good [24]

		 [25]

United for Justice with Peace [26] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

             [27]

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [28]

info at justicewithpeace.org [29]

            		617-383-4857

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [30]

Upcoming Events:

		First they Came for the Immigrants... [31]

		Wed Apr 11

		6:30pm

		Cambridge Public Library

		Cambridge

		Hayden and Chomsky: Revisiting Port Huron [32]

		Wed Apr 11

		7:00pm

		MIT Campus - Gilliland Auditorium - Room 66-110

		Cambridge

		Corporations and the 1%: Pay your Taxes! Fund our Communities! [33]

		Tue Apr 17

		3:00pm

		Dewey Square

		Boston

		Peace & Economic Justice: Occupy Boston Community Gathering [34]

		Mon Apr 23

		6:00pm

		St Paul's Cathedral

		Boston

		International Drone Summit: Killing and Spying by Remote Control [35]

		Sat Apr 28

		9:00am

		Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church

		Washington DC

		A New War in the Middle East?  A Teach-in on Iran [36]

		Sat Apr 28

		1:00pm

		Suffolk University Law School

		Boston

		Counter-Summit for Peace & Economic Justice [37]

		Fri May 18

		9:00am

		People's Church

		Chicago, IL

More Peace and Justice Events [38].    How to Submit Events [39]

[1]
info at masspeaceaction.org?subject=I'll%20be%20at%20the%20GE%20rally%20at%203pm%20on%20April%2017!
[2] http://taxdayboston.org/
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/files/Tax%20Day%20Flyer%20MAPA.pdf