[act-ma] 4/12, 7:30 PM, Working Group on Co-operation, Newton Lower Falls features Neighborhood Food Co-ops

R. Wayne Clark rwayneclark at igc.org
Wed Apr 11 17:35:53 PDT 2012

Friends and Co-operators,

On Thursday, April 12th, at 7:30 - 9:30 PM, in Newton Lower Falls, the
Working Group on Co-operation will focus on neighborhood food co-ops - how
your neighborhood can organize at some level to provide themselves with the
food that they want at the price that they want from the suppliers that they
want with the friendly process that they want.  There are many models of
successful food co-ops in our area and there is always room for more food
co-ops.  So, come find out what type of co-op might be appropriate for your
neighborhood AND how to organize it.

The Working Group on Co-operation is focused on discussing the theory of
co-operation as the way to implement economic horizontal democracy and on
the practical application of this theory to various economic enterprises
called co-operatives.  We meet every Thursday night at 7:30 - 9:30 PM in
Newton Lower Falls at 49 Sherrin Rd.  If you want to come, send an email to
rwayneclark at igc.org or call 617-467-4113 to reserve your seat in the
discussion.  Or, you can just show up.

One of the topics we will discuss regularly, is the International Year of
Co-operatives throughout 2012.  How we can promote it and what it means to
U.S. co-ops.  And, we serve the best guacamole in the area.

If you want to call or send an email to discuss your favorite co-op idea or
project, please feel free to do so anytime after lunch on Thursdays.

I hope to see some of you on Thursday.

In co-operation, Wayne.

R. Wayne Clark

49 Sherrin Rd.