[act-ma] Jubilee MA speaking tour Sat. April 28th

Andrew andrew at kesselimaging.com
Fri Apr 13 12:31:32 PDT 2012

Dear Boston area housing co-ops, Occupy Boston, and any other interested
folks in learning about debt relief.

Please come join us*Saturday April 28th* at *Encuentro 5*
<http://www.encuentro5.org/home/> in Chinatown from *12:30-2:30* pm to
talk to Mr. Mr. Hopewell Gumbo, a Zimbabwean activist, and learn about
the connections between the Arab Spring, the Occupy Movement, and the
Jubilee movement. Join the 99% to change our world! Hopewell will raise
awareness about global economic policies that entrap the Global South in
poverty! *33 Harrison Ave Floor 5, Boston (Chinatown)*. We are looking
hopefully to provide free lunch or at least some snacks during the
event. If you can't make the date Hopewell will be speaking at a few
other venues you can check out on our Facebook page!

Join the event on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/events/310993568968827/
For Directions to Encuentro 5 go here: http://www.encuentro5.org/home/node/3

More on the event and Hopewell Gumbo:

Today, it is more critical than ever that we address the deeper causes
of international poverty and work to create a system of just responsible
finance, one that benefits the entire population, not just the few.
Jubilee USA Network brings people together through active solidarity to
turn these realities around. Join Jubilee USA Network and Jubilee
Massachusetts as we bring you Hopewall Gumbo, a leading human rights,
  social and Economic justice activist and political analyst.
  Currently, he is a Senior Program Officer with the Zimbabwe Coalition
on Debt and Development, ZIMCODD

He will raise awareness about global economic policies that entrap the
Global South in poverty. He will speak about the history of the debt
crisis, current efforts for greater transparency and accountability, the
movement for just practices and broader global economic justice."