[act-ma] SAT 11:30AM: All Out to Defend the Guards! Rally at MFA's "Art in Bloom"

Shaun Joseph snjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:40:46 PDT 2012

**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

Message to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston from its guard force:
DON'T OUTSOURCE THE PERMANENT COLLECTION!

Rally for the Guards at "Art in Bloom"
SATURDAY, April 28, 11:30AM-2PM
In front of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (Huntington side)
465 Huntington Ave, Boston MA
(Green Line E to Museum of Fine Arts; Orange Line to Ruggles)
RSVP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/275860625840007/

The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is seriously considering OUTSOURCING
our guard union. Some have been working there for as many as 30 years.
We would lose our status as museum employees and would be forced to
apply for our jobs to an outside contractor with a bad reputation with
their workers. (IF WE GET RE-HIRED) The museum would have non-union
workers doing our union jobs! Let's give the top 1% our 100% effort in
stopping these attacks!

****This is "THE ART IN BLOOM RALLY" and is a big event for the MFA.
Many galleries are fitted with flower arrangements to compliment a
specific piece of art. This draws thousands in three days. Our next
very important negotiations are the first week of May.****

****WE WOULD LIKE YOUR SUPPORT!****
****KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!****

In addition to coming to the rally, here's what else you can do to
support the guards:

SIGN THE PETITION:
https://www.change.org/petitions/mfa-trustees-do-not-let-boston-s-museum-of-fine-arts-ruin-their-workers-lives

CONTACT MFA MANAGEMENT:
Malcolm Rogers, Director | mrogers at mfa.org | 617-369-3200
Katie Gretchell, Deputy Director | kgetchell at mfa.org | 617-369-3441
Lisa Krassner, Director of Visitor Experience | lkrassner at mfa.org | 617-369-3208

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/MISUfight

FLYER THIS WEEK AT THE MFA (Huntington entrance):
Wednesday 5:30-7:30PM and 8-10PM
Thursday 8-10PM
Friday 8-10PM

GET INVOLVED WITH THE SOLIDARITY COMMITTEE:
Next meeting Sunday, April 29, 5:30PM
Food Court at the Marino Center, Northeastern University
Forsyth St & Huntington Ave, Boston MA
(Green Line E to Northeastern; Orange Line to Ruggles)

For more information about any of these events, email
misu-solidarity-owner at yahoogroups.com.