[act-ma] 4/25 Board Games; 5/14 Art of the Schmooze; 5/24 Connecting for Justice

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 05:55:48 PDT 2012

Hey fellow activists and organizers,

Glad for the rain, but brrr! It's chilly out there. Never fear, summer is
going to be here before you know it. We'll have Beach for Justice and
Recess for Justice and... But, let's not get ahead of ourselves, there are
several great events coming up in April & May. Including our always
awesome Connecting
for Justice on May 24 <http://www.sojust.org/events/55668702/>. This open
house is a great way to get connected to like-minded progressives and local
social change organizations. Tell your favorite organizations about it so
they sign up for an Action Station and meet prospective volunteers and
supporters.

*Upcoming SoJust Events* - *details below*
4/26: [SOCIAL] Games for Justice <http://www.sojust.org/events/56278592/>
5/5: [FESTIVAL] Wake Up the Earth
<http://www.sojust.org/events/60421462/>* Need volunteers to staff
SoJust table*
5/8: [TRAINING] Suicide Prevention Training for Community
Leaders<http://www.sojust.org/events/55667492/>
5/14: [SKILLSHARE] Art of the Schmooze<http://www.sojust.org/events/55667782/>
5/24: [OPEN HOUSE] Connecting for
Justice<http://www.sojust.org/events/55668702/>

*From our Progressive Events Calendar:*

*Community Events*
4/25 [FUNDRAISER] Campaign for Southern Equality Event in
JP<http://www.sojust.org/events/58929802/>
4/28 [RALLY] Unite Against the War on Women - Day of
Action<http://www.sojust.org/events/56727832/>
5/10: [BENEFIT] Share a Laugh Comedy Event for Community
Works<http://www.sojust.org/events/60932272/>

*View dozens of cross-promoted events at www.sojust.org/calendar.
Post your own event - follow these instructions: www.bit.ly/post2SoJust.*

*From our Message Board:*<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/21682392>
*Take Action *
Support Unaccompanied Homeless Youth - Help Pass House Bill
3838<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/22440742>
4/28 [ACTION] Polar Bear Dance Party Against Arctic
Drilling<http://www.sojust.org/events/61702372/>
5/1 [RALLY] May Day General Strike and Block
Party<http://www.sojust.org/events/60932272/>

*View volunteer opportunities, job openings, calls for action, etc. at www.
sojust.org/boards. Post your own - follow these instructions:
www.bit.ly/post2SoJust*.

*GAMES FOR JUSTICE* <http://www.sojust.org/events/56278592/>
*Wednesday, April 25, 6:00-8:30PM*
Andala Cafe in Central Square

Need a break from the stress of work, the economy, and everyday life?
Looking for something to do that is fun, cheap, and progressive? Join us
for *Games for Justice at Andala Cafe*! Arrive by yourself or bring a
friend. Scrabble, Boggle, Apples to Apples, Scattegories - what's your
favorite board game? Bring it!
*Register for Games:*
http://www.sojust.org/events/56278592/.<http://www.sojust.org/events/56278592/>Fee
$2 (each attendee is asked to purchase a minimum of $9 in yummy food -
or SoJust will have to pay the difference to the venue.)

* <http://www.sojust.org/events/60421462/>*

*Tabling at Wake Up the Earth Festival<http://www.sojust.org/events/60421462/>
Saturday, May 5, 12:00-5:00PM*
Southwest Corridor across from Stony Brook T

We're looking for SoJusters to table with us - please email to sign up for
a one hour time slot. This super fun festival is held each May and brings
together community across Jamaica Plain, Roxbury and other areas of Boston,
celebrating diversity, springtime, world music and culture, youth music and
culture, popular theatre, puppetry, local food and artisan vendors,
non-profits around the community and so much more!
*Sign-up to table with SoJust:* email Robbie at SoJust.org.

*Suicide Prevention Training for Community
Leaders*<http://www.suicidepreventionforleaders.eventbrite.com>
*Tuesday, May 8, 6:00-8:00PM*
City Year by Back Bay T

Oftentimes, community leaders are sought out for support in times of crisis
and are the first to become aware that someone is considering killing
themselves. To support my fellow community leaders, I'm offering a training
on how to deal with one of the hardest topics faced by any community. For
the purpose of these trainings, I've defined "community leader" as anyone
who regularly convenes groups of people. If that's you, I hope you'll join
me. If not, please share this with a community leader in your life. Attend
this training to gain the skills to handle the "suicide question" and
become knowledgeable about local resources for you and your community.*
Register at **www.suicidepreventionforleaders.eventbrite.com*<http://www.suicidepreventionforleaders.eventbrite.com/>
*.** *Fee $10.

 For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
SoJust Co-Founder
@RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>
@SoJust<http://www.sojust.org/>

*Socializing for Justice - **www.sojust.org*

*SoJust is not a non-profit 501(c)3 and receives no outside funding.* We're
a grassroots, volunteer-run, member-supported, cross-cultural, cross-issue
progressive community that's been growing steadily since August 2006. We
have 2000 members, hosted 120+ events and manage an online hub of
progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org. We also share resources
via several projects: Progressive Events
Calendar<http://www.sojust.org/calendar>,
Progressive Message Board <http://www.sojust.org/boards>,
Campus2Community.net <http://www.campus2community.net/>,
ProgressiveVoterIndex.com <http://www.progressivevoterindex.com/>, Event
Promo Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonCalendars> and Venue Referral
Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonVenues>.

*If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive network* please
contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this
online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all
stripes.

*STAY CONNECTED!*
Become a member of Socializing for Justice at www.sojust.org.
Join the SoJust Facebook group: http://on.fb.me/SoJust