[act-ma] Thursday 5/17: "Superpower" - Free UPandOUT film screening

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Mon May 7 19:08:25 PDT 2012

/Superpower/

Thursday, May 17th, in Cambridge   [please download & distribute flyer
<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-120517-Superpower.pdf>]
/*
<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-120517-Superpower.pdf>*
*Superpower */illustrates how the US has leveraged its position to
ensure unilateral world domination through absolute economic and
military superiority and government deception. It allows viewers to
understand the US quest for global dominance through economic and
military strategy exposed through review of historical events, personal
interviews, and analysis of US foreign policy.
/
Superpower/ presents a view of US foreign policy that lies in stark
contrast to that depicted by corporate media, popular pundits, and US
heads of state. Should citizens trust that their government will keep
them safe, a government that keeps secrets, and lies, in the name of
national security? Does the simple act of withholding information lead
to a world of eroding civil liberties and corruption?

/Superpower /shows a consistent pattern of US government deception.

"/The only thing new in the world is the history you don't know./"
~Harry S. Truman

"/Huckleberry Finn is the great work of our national literature because,
more than any other book before or since, it locates itself squarely on
our National Dilemma, which is: How can anyone be truly free in a
country as violent and stupid as ours?/” ~George Saunders

/“I do not know how the third world war will be fought, but I can tell
you what they will use in the fourth... rocks./" ~Albert Einstein

*
When/where*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]
/
"You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~ Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series* - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, Libya. Syria, Iran, So America, etc
etc - for billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for
the loss of liberty and civil rights...