[act-ma] Sat May12 8pm :: Free Mother's Day concert with Palestinian internationally acclaimed musician Simon Shaheen

Salma Abu Ayyash salmaandrea at comcast.net
Tue May 8 05:39:04 PDT 2012

Donations are welcome.
RSVP below
Please forward

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=gfvorrcab&v=001xIsb6zOAIu4gxuska_i_DVc72V3R32loQutDZpWn6YM-A0B2Tm8G0Z-J_Lvp0lopF3m_hNE3y0XwAPER82Xz-qLc1I6hOrO14snskKi6BJJwF_IjTWGiXjhp6OXl7L3sxSPJjHP5TOaMjjm9PFwPA3AqffoPDRxCdEVt1Ishdolh8V1vp7iZYAiNGhrDNVy69wxGxuYv7rLsETiHUsF269UYKwYUB9KhL7IwAO_m8NR_eh0eCs7FtdVC8HYWs2eoiXqKbhP0RCfVWhF3Aq8o0n2igWHnd4ZivAAZ8nXUFoQaKGDBnq2wdQ%3D%3D>
    *TO Umi With Love: Mothers Are Our Inspiration!*
   *Featured Dedication*
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001iq8Xfi8qhOojNmLvEkodQLr6Hth19g34lFgSudmg86tendYakNORk1hL1BjFBajhWw5hKQuUgdgMsK7LSpoMap-ilGNhFXNICKRhg-akw27GmWubEtXl-ZkBgcoQsB2QE45EQ71m3foiH20EJnaWyg==>
* **
Dedicated to Selma Bojalad de Ajami - "My mother was all love, comfort and
devotion. Because of that, I often forgot she was also her own person, an
opera singer. Selma Bojalad de Ajami was the first Arab American to sing at
the White house under Mrs. Roosevelt." by Jocelyn Ajami*
         *After an electrifying Marcel Khalife concert with over 1,000
people in attendance,
The Center for Arabic Culture is very excited to present*

*Mother's Day Concert*
*with internationally acclaimed musician *
*and professor*
*Simon Shaheen*
*with his Berklee College of Music Ensemble*

*in a concert of traditional Arab and World Jazz music*

*Date:* Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 8 pm (revised time)
*Place:* Wong Auditorium, Tang Center at MIT
70 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA

*RSVP to info at cacboston.org or call 877.222.9740 x. 701*

*Open to the public.  Donations appreciated.*
*Seating is first come, first serve.*

[image: Make a Donation]<https://www.paypal.com/cgibin/webscr?first_name=Gheed&last_name=Itani&undefined_quantity=1&business=info%40cacboston.org&image_url=&return=&cancel_return=&item_name=Mother%27s%20Day%20Concert%20Donation&amount=0&shipping=0&currency_code=USD&item_number=&cmd=_xclick>

*Mothers give us...*
...endless love, laughter, and dreams. They help us grow, prosper, and
reach our fullest potential. In honor of all our mothers, the Center for
Arabic Culture (CAC)
is pleased to invite you to a Mother's Day Concert.

Honor any mother with a donation to
CAC<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=M3DQG2ZC8FJKS>and
show her your love for her by attending CAC's Mother's Day Concert
with
Simon Shaheen.

Won't you help CAC remain a strong support to all our mothers and all
future mothers?

Your donation to CAC will help support all the programs you have enjoyed in
the past and will continue to enjoy in the future!

A page called* "To Umi With Love"* will be created on the CAC website and
Facebook account that will include the mother's name and a dedication to
her and will be up for an entire year.

The CAC Board of Directors will donate $10,000 and would like to challenge
the community to raise an additional $30,000 for a total of $40,000 by May
13, 2012.
No donation is too small or too large. Donate now!

[image: Make a Donation]<https://www.paypal.com/cgibin/webscr?first_name=Gheed&last_name=Itani&undefined_quantity=1&business=info%40cacboston.org&image_url=&return=&cancel_return=&item_name=Mother%27s%20Day%20Campaign&amount=0&shipping=0&currency_code=USD&item_number=&cmd=_xclick>

*A very special thank you to the Berklee College of Music and
Palestine at MITfor all of their support.
*

*Biography*
 Simon Shaheen dazzles his listeners as he deftly leaps from traditional
Arabic sounds to jazz and Western classical styles. His soaring technique,
melodic ingenuity, and unparalleled grace have earned him international
acclaim as a virtuoso on the 'oud and violin.

Shaheen is one of the most significant Arab musicians, performers, and
composers of his generation. His work incorporates and reflects a legacy of
Arabic music, while it forges ahead to new frontiers, embracing many
different styles in the process. This unique contribution to the world of
arts was recognized in 1994 when Shaheen was honored with the prestigious
National Heritage Award at the White House.
    *Don't Miss the Chance to Add Your Dedication.
*

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001iq8Xfi8qhOojNmLvEkodQLr6Hth19g34lFgSudmg86tendYakNORk1hL1BjFBajhWw5hKQuUgdgMsK7LSpoMap-ilGNhFXNICKRhg-akw27GmWubEtXl-ZkBgcoQsB2QE45EQ71m3foiH20EJnaWyg==>

[image: Make a Donation]<https://www.paypal.com/cgibin/webscr?first_name=Gheed&last_name=Itani&undefined_quantity=1&business=info%40cacboston.org&image_url=&return=&cancel_return=&item_name=Mother%27s%20Day%20Campaign&amount=0&shipping=0&currency_code=USD&item_number=&cmd=_xclick>
   <http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1102247842982>  [image:
Orange]<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102247842982&a=1109940916238&ea=gkitani%40hotmail.com>
  Forward this email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=gfvorrcab&m=1102247842982&ea=gkitani%40hotmail.com&a=1109940916238>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001Mro14wcDZcC6v3eXXF9RNwk1frgeMqAD&t=001ObQmeL4XRUZk-iX09pNTXw%3D%3D&llr=gfvorrcab>
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_NP_003>
This email was sent to gkitani at hotmail.com by info at cacboston.org |
Update Profile/Email
Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001Mro14wcDZcC6v3eXXF9RNwk1frgeMqAD&t=001ObQmeL4XRUZk-iX09pNTXw%3D%3D&llr=gfvorrcab>
SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001Mro14wcDZcC6v3eXXF9RNwk1frgeMqAD&t=001ObQmeL4XRUZk-iX09pNTXw%3D%3D&llr=gfvorrcab>™
| Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.
  Center for Arabic Culture | 191 Highland Avenue | 6B | Somerville | MA |
02143