[act-ma] 5/30 GLADHour + Volunteer with GLAD @ Pride & in Ptown

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:43:03 PDT 2012

Hey fellow activists & organizers,

Looking for some fun volunteer opportunities this summer that supports the
fight for equal justice? Join Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) at
Boston Pride on June 9 and at our Summer Party on July 21 in Provincetown.
(Twice a year I send emails to anyone who ever offered to volunteer for GLAD.
Please let me know if you’d rather receive this at a different email
address or don’t want to receive these emails.)

*Wednesday, 5/30** – GLADHour at The Middle East in Central Square*, a
happy hour for fans of equal justice for all! *No volunteers needed, just
come to enjoy *great food and drinks in a relaxed and fun atmosphere
while networking
with fellow supporters of LGBTQ equality*. *Join us to hear from Vickie
Henry, GLAD Senior Staff Attorney, about how GLAD aims to broaden and
deepen its work to generate systemic change that builds a just, inclusive,
and affirming environment for all LGBTQ youth and the children of LGBT
parents. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres • Cash bar. RSVP to get a printed
name tag (and so our catering count is accurate): https://www.glad
.org/event/2012-gladhour-may

* *

*Saturday, 6/9** – Join GLAD at the* *Boston* *Pride Parade and Festival*.
*We are looking for dozens of volunteers* to decorate the GLAD duck boat,
set up and staff our table, make signs (a few days before at our office),
march and have a blast every minute of it. Those marching with the
GLADteam will meet in the South End at 11 am on June 9 and will make
their way
through Boston to the Festival at City Hall Plaza. To learn more or
volunteer, please contact Maryse Pearce at mpearce at glad.org or call (617)
426-1350 by June 4. Every marcher and volunteer gets a free GLAD t-shirt!

* *

*Saturday, 7/21** – GLAD’s Summer Party in Provincetown* (we’ll help you
get there!). *W**e need over 40 volunteers for this event:* bartenders,
catering assistants, registration greeters, auction assistants, set-up,
clean-up, etc.! To help match your interest to what positions are available
*please fill out the volunteer registration form online: **http://www.glad
.org/Events/eventVolunteer.php. *The event is from 4pm-7pm. Set-up starts
at 2pm and with everyone's help we should be done with clean-up by 8:30pm.

*Summer Party features:*

**Celebrity Auctioneer Kate Clinton*

*Cocktails courtesy of Bacardi, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and Sam Adams
*Awesome Auction - win gift certificates for restaurants, travel packages,
massages & more! Online bidding available will be available in July.

**

*How much for all this?* $75 ($85 at the door) - includes 3 hours of open
bar, food and fun. Tickets may be purchased
online<https://www.glad.org/event/2012-summer-party>.
(Event volunteers attend free.) Past volunteers who would just like to
attend the event may use the promotional code: PROMOSP12 and pay just $30.

***Save the Date ** Friday, 10/26** –* *We need over 60 volunteers for this
event. *GLAD’s *Spirit of Justice Award Dinner* at the Boston Marriott
Copley Hotel. The award recognizes and honors individuals whose
achievements reflect a profound dedication to our ideal of a just
society. *Rev.
Irene Monroe* was enthusiastically selected for the contributions she has
made to the advancement of equality for LGBT people. Her powerfully voiced
syndicated column, written with unconditional love toward all readers, has
helped to shape public dialogue on LGBT and racial justice issues. You’re
invited to be a Table Captain and bring your friends – sign up: https://www.
glad.org/event/2012-spirit-of-justice.

Best,

Robbie

[image: Description:
http://www.glad.org/assets/img/glad-sig-logo.jpg]<http://www.glad.org/>

*New England’s leading legal rights organization dedicated to ending
discrimination based on sexual orientation, HIV status and gender identity
and expression*

* *

*Robbie Samuels
**Senior Manager of Events and *

*Donor Engagement*

Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
30 Winter Street, Suite 800
Boston MA 02108
*617-426-1350*
*www.glad.org/events* <http://www.glad.org/events>
rsamuels at glad.org
617-426-3594 / fax

  * *

* *

*CONNECT WITH GLAD
**www.glad.org/help/mailing-list* <http://www.glad.org/help/mailing-list>*
**www.twitter.com/GLADLaw* <http://www.twitter.com/GLADLaw>*
**www.facebook.com/GLADFans* <http://www.facebook.com/GLADFans>*
**www.youtube.com/GLADvideo* <http://www.youtube.com/GLADvideo>*

*

* *

  *Know your rights!* *
Call **GLAD's Legal InfoLine* <http://www.glad.org/rights/infoline>* with
your LGBT/HIV legal questions.
M-F 1:30-4:30pm ** ** 800-455-GLAD (4523). **Hablamos Español.*