[act-ma] Org. meeting: making SPACE for social justice 3pm Sunday, July 8 5th Floor, 33 Harrison Ave in Chinatown

Brian K bdubkwob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:01:25 PDT 2012

*Organizing meeting: making SPACE for social justice *

*3pm Sunday, July 8*

*5th Floor, 33 Harrison Ave in Chinatown*

* (Red MBTA line to Downtown Crossing or  Orange line to Chinatown)*

*
*

Encuentro 5 (e5) is a collective, community, and social-justice oriented
space which may soon be* leaving the
space<https://www.facebook.com/notes/suren-moodliar/e5-in-transition-help-define-the-new-space/10150871081236688>
 *it has occupied for 6 years.* *The e5 Collective is looking for more
people to get involved in their transition process and has announced a
meeting on July 18th at 7pm for this purpose.

Over the past week, community discussions about the situation at e5 have
moved from what kinds of direct action could be taken to defend the space
to what new (unused) spaces we might be able to occupy and re-purpose as
social justice organizing space.

So this Sunday at 3pm at e5, we will have an organizing meeting to work on
making SPACE for social justice. Those who are interested in helping e5
make its transition can engage in that process with Suren Moodliar and the
e5 Collective, and those who are interested in planning to occupy and
re-purpose an unused space will get down to planning who, when, where, and
how we might make that happen.

Spread the word!

https://www.facebook.com/events/384661094928966/