[act-ma] Bus from MA to VT for 7/29 Tar Sands protest and New TS/Enbridge Report

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Mon Jul 23 08:57:34 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rita sebastian <rita at brandeis.edu>
Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Subject: [Community_forum] Fwd: [Climate-action] Bus from MA to VT for 7/29
Tar Sands protest and New TS/Enbridge Report
To: "community_forum at lists.occupyboston.org" <
Community_forum at lists.occupyboston.org>
Cc: Kathryn <ks03 at hampshire.edu>

Tar Sands protest.  See message below:

For anyone who does not already know, there's a Tar Sands/ Enbridge protest
in VT on July 29th. More details below...

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Vanessa Rule <vanessa at betterfutureproject.org>
>> Date: July 23, 2012 10:38:47 AM EDT
>> Subject: Bus from MA to VT for 7/29 Tar Sands protest and New
TS/Enbridge Report

>> Hello all,
>>
>> 1) Want to or going to protest Tar Sands in Burlington, VT?: Please let
us know if you plan to go to the Northeast Tar Sands Pipeline Protest in
Burlington, VT on July 29th!   Someone has offered to donate money to rent
a bus so we need to know how many are planning to go and would be
interested in riding the bus.    Please let Dorian know asap by emailing
her at dorian at betterfutureproject.org.

>> Details: Hundreds of people will be converging in Burlington, VT to make
a GIANT HUMAN OIL SPILL at the New England Governor's Conference!  New
England's governors & Canadian premiers are meeting in late July in
Burlington, VT to discuss the future of energy in our region. Right now Tar
Sands oil transportation isn't even on the agenda. Let's change that.

http://www.tarsandsfreene.org/event/human-oil-spill-action-at-ne-governors-and-eastern-premier-conference

>> 2) Attached is a report on Enbridge and its Tar Sands pipelines:
 IMPORTING DISASTER: The Anatomy of Enbridge’s Once and Future Oil Spills.
 It explains what the plans for the pipeline, previously known as
"Trailbreaker", that runs from Quebec to Portland, ME, are.   This pipeline
currently carries crude oil and flows from Portland to Quebec.  The
proposal is to reverse its flow and have it carry tar sands from Canada to
Port of Portland, for export.

Post: Climate-action at lists.occupyboston.org

To Unsubscribe
        Send email to:  Climate-action-unsubscribe at lists.occupyboston.org
        Or visit:
https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/options/climate-action/rita%40brandeis.edu

You are subscribed as: rita at brandeis.edu

--
Rita Monestersky- Sebastian
Brandeis, MA SID' 2009

Chinese proverb, “Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. Involve me, I
understand.”

Post: Community_forum at lists.occupyboston.org

To Unsubscribe
        Send email to:  Community_forum-unsubscribe at lists.occupyboston.org
        Or visit:
https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/options/community_forum/aria%40littlhous.net

You are subscribed as: aria at littlhous.net

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11