[act-ma] Saturday: Recess for Justice in JP

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 05:32:29 PDT 2012

Hey fellow activists and organizers,

Recess for Justice is going down at the Stony Brook court right off
Lamartine Street in JP on Saturday, July 28th, from 11:00AM to 2:00PM.
(Exit Stony Brook T station on the Orange line, walk directly across the
street to the park - we'll be on the field and in the courts right in front
of you.) We’re hoping for a sunny summer day! If it rains while we're there
we'll head to Bella Luna or Ula Cafe for lunch.

Bring your favorite outdoor game or check out the assortment of fun we'll
have on hand: Frisbees, kickball & chalk (for 4-square!), jump rope,
basketball, softball (bring a glove) and whatever other randomness we can
think of. If it's hot we can run through the fountain sprinkler to cool
off.  Around 1pm, we'll likely get out of the heat by going to Ula Cafe for
lunch.
Check out the photos from previous Recess for Justice events in
2007<http://sojust.org/photos/?photoAlbumId=226090&photoId=2233731>
, 2008 <http://www.sojust.org/photos/382694/>, and
2009<http://www.sojust.org/photos/685627/>!

RSVP at www.sojust.org - Newcomers always welcomed!

Fee: $2 cash at the event

So look no further if you want to cross-promote your events and campaigns
while perfecting your Frisbee forehand, you're seeking like-minded
progressives to hang out with in Boston, or are new to the area and looking
for groups to get involved in. At Socializing for Justice (SoJust) events
you can hang out with friends, make new ones, find a date, get the scoop on
a job, and find out what's going on this weekend - political or social. And
the best part is that SoJust members share your vision of building a more
just world.
Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org
Since 2006, we've been building this great sandbox where we can bring
progressives of all stripes together and try out new ideas in this
"Movement Moment". Spaces like this are crucial as we start to reframe and
build new visions for our movement(s).

With over 2000 members and almost 6 years of creating a diverse cross-issue
community in Boston (125+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best
place to find the great people, organizations and community you're looking
for while putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

Wanna know more about SoJust? Check out our Frequently Asked
Questions<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3187615>andpast
event photos<http://www.sojust.org/photos/>
!

Follow us on Twitter: @SoJust <http://twitter.com/sojust> and SoJust