[act-ma] 8/5 Annual Hiroshima/Nagasaki Commemoration on George's Island

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Thu Jul 26 11:07:20 PDT 2012

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON
SUNDAY SPEAKERS FORUM presents...

Sunday, August 5, 2012
10:30am

Annual Hiroshima/Nagasaki Commemoration on George's Island

On August 5th the Community Church of Boston will hold our annual
Hiroshima/Nagasaki Commemoration on George's Island.  People wishing to
attend should gather together at the Long Wharf North Pier (map, right next
to Columbus Park and the Aquarium T stop) at 10:30am to get on the 11:00am
ferry to George's Island. Tickets can be purchased before hand or at the
Pier.

Everyone is encouraged to bring food to share and other picnic related
things.  We will have a short service together while we eat and share time
with one another, living for a world free of nuclear weapons! Visit
www.bostonharborislands.com to learn more about the different islands.

Round trip ferry tickets are $15 for adults (12-64), $11 for seniors (65+),
$9 for children (4-11), free for young children, and $43 for a family 4 pack
(2 adults, 2 children or 2 adults, 1 child, 1 senior). Return ferries depart
on the half hour until 6:30pm!

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.communitychurchofboston.org

*************

UPCOMING (Save the Date!!):

Sunday August 12th
11:00am

Potluck Brunch to Welcome New Congregational Director Linda Jenkins

Join us for a casual meet and greet as we welcome our new Congregational
Director Linda Jenkins! Linda is excited to become a part of our community,
so we hope that with this event she will be a more familiar face at the
beginning of the church season, and that she will get to experience our joy
at having her join us.

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a sticker to affix to
your parking receipt, and you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community united for the study and
practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical ideals to
individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to all forms of
social and economic life.

*************

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE 'COMMUNITY e-NEWS'

The Community Church of Boston is making our monthly newsletter available
electronically! If you are interested in receiving 'Community e-News' each
month please send you email to: communitychurchnewsletter at gmail.com

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston Street