[act-ma] FSU-Radio Wed 9/12 - Money, Debt & the Federal Reserve Bank w/ Prof. Arjun Jayadev (rebroadcast)

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Wed Sep 12 05:15:21 PDT 2012

<http://fsuradio.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/wed-912-money-debt-the-federal-res
erve-bank-w-prof-arjun-jayadev-rebroadcast/> Wed 9/12 - Money, Debt & the
Federal Reserve Bank w/ Prof. Arjun Jayadev (rebroadcast)

We have aired this show on FSU-Radio twice before (including the original
broadcast).  But it is such an important topic, especially with the
elections coming up, that it seems worth repeating.  We are also working on
putting together a follow-up show on the federal budget and deficit.

Dr. Arjun Jayadev is an Assistant Professor of Economics at U. Mass - Boston
with a strong commitment to progressive policies to make the economy work
for the 99%.   He gave a couple of teach-ins when Occupy Boston was at Dewey
Square, which are available on
<http://www.youtube.com/user/FSUOccupyBoston/videos?view=1&page=1> FSU's
YouTube site.  In this FSU-Radio program, he explains what money "really"
is, and discusses matters such as how banks "create" money, why we don't
want to be on a "gold standard", the role of the Federal Reserve Bank, the
differences from a policy standpoint between household and national debt...
and what genuinely progressive policies on money, debt and banking would
look like.

Money, Debt & the Federal Reserve Bank
w/ Prof. Arjun Jayadev (rebroadcast)
Wednesday, 9/12/2012 7:00 pm USA Eastern Time
Occupy Boston Radio -  <http://obr.fm> OBR.FM
Rebroadcasts the following Monday at 10:00 am and Wednesday at 7:00 am. Will
go up to the archive (and the Podcast feed) approximately 10 days from the
9/12 broadcast.

This program originally aired on FSU-Radio on 2/15/2012.