[act-ma] Wed 9/12 and Thurs 9/13: 'Switch', the movie - with Director Harry Lynch in person [Boston Area Solar Energy Assoc]

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Sep 12 12:03:46 PDT 2012

BOSTON AREA SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION
Promoting Renewable Energy for a Sustainable Future

BASEA Masthead

/
/

BASEA LogoForum: Thursday, September 13th, 2012

/'Switch', the movie - Director Harry Lynch in person/

Welcome to a new season of BASEA Forums! To begin, we will focus on a
film, 'Switch', currently on its premiere national tour. Director Harry
Lynch will show solar-specific clips from the film, respond to our
questions, and discuss the educational Switch Energy Project
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001P_hpSuKfGTW-QMCK2AKJDkw37huOTPh2uOH9PMoxZXdXvpeT7hLniYpf1FBs626ZBGmNYC29hRU_BrMuChgxawLgWgNCPVdAH3q3gyGLy8C4dVOVcELIJ0ZtqoYxeDqdowOPECCq5Qcb_vbxuLnLggVSPGF_AHYMgRAwaJTGpFk2bm8XPn0gd_iU1d20CGqX2USePrh5KlJ_QNJXHCtZENztmQ2XWR0Ctlp7_hNG0PO2BibWbOWG1ywR6xAUE71uBfu1m41W2pR5etUNwePZW-CgRD9iIVlzVtYh_aZIAS9viYSsz8HcIZfAFNDOfKxzZijbm5EoXiUmogyLwOxHIgJeY2Y0LHQRFwNzYQ7MI7HSVi8ZDCHNWc0kZinEqhZ1>.
We are offering a 50% discount to the BASEA-hosted screening of the film
at the AMC Loews Boston Common on Wed., September 12th, the night before
our Forum, so you can see the entire film and be prepared to discuss it
(details below).

'An Inconvenient Truth' (2006) was a box office success and won 2
Academy Awards, while raising public awareness of climate change.
'Switch' (2012), a feature-length documentary, has a similarly ambitious
agenda. 'Switch' attempts to make "energy fascinating and engaging to
encourage a balanced national understanding of our energy future" and to
"show how it all fits together to form our energy transition, and
exactly how and when that could happen".

The film follows Dr. Richard Tinker, surveying 26 rarely seen
world-leading energy sites in 11 countries and interviewing 53
international energy experts. From government, industry and academia,
Dr. Tinker gets answers and synthesizes a vision of how all the pieces,
though some must necessarily change, might fit together. What do you
think of this vision? What questions are you left with? Come to the
BASEA Forum and be heard!

*********** Discounted screening, one night before the BASEA Forum
***********

Where:

AMC-Loews Boston Common, 175 Tremont St, Boston

When:

7:00 pm, Wednesday, September 12th

How:

Reserve tickets online at
http://www.switchenergyproject.com/screenings.php
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001P_hpSuKfGTXvbN75B5GKvJcpYRGefNxW522RdIRZjcQuC46fTaYhSEYjI5e5wj2pXcM6E5FYmEcFZiGPb09dLxxfGMBDQW_Ps-CwcrSZe2AoWcB55E9Opmo3RV-CCgG4Xih28xZiYgp2lQ1KPsJkL9lTGIOvAxSka6Rv7dyYFbGMnjwe-jqo0O3wb-LPkzrScpG6T8w1tA0Gi4a44wAkUVxU1pTQCknlPlsZ0D81RP5rEIHr2cvHtx3fEK3s2vo9SZ4z7MiNeupl07WZ-nHljoid-dP-6KuSS2k2ngBHwQCtx9BWbZi2PY3-a4LhkA9vUpvf7krEXhi67aRR9MBgl5uul4SqJjs98BxFSuDbGl-8MYqmTyLbdKXUiB9iclhDxIBGTrnF7wU=> ,

enter Promo Code "SWITCH101A" (using capital letters) for a half-price
($5.00) ticket. Present the theater with a printed copy or show the PDF
on your phone.

_Location:_ First Parish in Cambridge Unitarian Universalist;  3 Church
Street, Harvard Square

_Time:_ Doors open at 7:00 p.m.; Presentation begins at 7:30 p.m

Harry Lynch is the Director of 'Switch' and 5 other documentary films in
the past 16 years

More at http://www.basea.org/