[act-ma] 6th birthday pics, 10/1 Vol. Mgmt. Skillshare, 10/17 Higher Ed Happy Hour

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 06:15:17 PDT 2012

Hey fellow activists and organizers,

I want to thank all of you who made it to SoJust's 6th birthday party last
Thursday - such amazing energy! I can't believe we've grown to over 2100
members and hosted 130+ events since September 2006 - not bad for a
grassroots group funded by our generous members. Check out these great
photos <http://www.sojust.org/photos/10786742/> and book Leise Jones
Photography <http://www.leisejones.com> (SoJust's Official Photographer)
for your next event.

*SoJust Vote!*
Wondering how candidates fair on different social issues? Check out who
endorsed them at www.sojustvote.com. Let's be sure we support candidates
who are progressive on a range of issues - donate, volunteer and VOTE! *Have
you moved? *You must be registered at your new address by Wednesday,
October 17. www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm *Where do you vote?* www.wheredoivotema.com

*Upcoming SoJust Events*

*Skillshare: Effective Volunteer Engagement<http://www.sojust.org/events/78279732/>by Lori Tsurda
Monday, October 1 at 6PM - NonProfit Center by South Station*
How do we attract and engage motivated volunteers who will further our
charitable work? We will consider motivation, from the benefits of
volunteering, to our needs and the effort required to manage/support
volunteers. No prior knowledge expected - we'll start with fundamentals.
Participants will come away with a position description template and
strategic approaches for customized volunteer recruitment and engagement.
*
Happy Hour for Progressive Faculty, Staff & Grad Students<http://www.sojust.org/events/82732092/>
Wednesday, October 17 at 6PM - Lir on Boylston by Hynes Convention Center*
Are you a progressive working on campus? Join Campus2Community for happy
hour to meet other campus progressives! RSVP at www.Campus2Community.net<http://www.campus2community.net>to connect with your higher ed peers. Fee: $5-$10 (sliding scale) cash at
the door - newcomers welcomed! Complimentary appetizers - cash bar.
Campus2Community, a project of SoJust, is an inclusive multi-issue network
of progressive faculty and staff in the Greater Boston area.

*From our Progressive Events Calendar:*

*Community Events*
9/22 [RALLY] Rally Against the Corrupt Federal Reserve System<http://www.sojust.org/events/74668102/>
9/22 [CELEBRATION] 14th Annual Celebrate Bisexuality Day<http://www.sojust.org/events/80767882/>
9/27 [NETWORKING] Wonder Women of Boston: Dorchester Meet-up<http://www.sojust.org/events/73067702/>
10/3-7 [CONFERENCE] Interpride 2012, October 3-7<http://www.sojust.org/events/81705822/>
10/4 [DISCUSSION] Black Economy, White Privilege<http://www.sojust.org/events/80066792/>

<http://www.sojust.org/events/60932272/>

*View dozens of cross-promoted events at www.sojust.org/calendar.
Post your own event - follow these instructions: www.bit.ly/post2SoJust.*

*From our Message Board:*
*Take Action *
Justice for Janitors Campaign
<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/26974972>

*Volunteers Needed*
Soccer & Poetry Gala Event - America SCORES Boston<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/26928822>
Phone Banking for Obama<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/26974722>

*View volunteer opportunities, job openings, calls for action, etc. at www.
sojust.org/boards. Post your own - follow these instructions:
www.bit.ly/post2SoJust*.

HELP SPREAD THE WORD!

Invite your friends to this facebook event: http://bit.ly/SoJustSix

Join the SoJust Facebook group <http://on.fb.me/SoJust>.

On Twitter? Follow @SoJust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> and SoJust's
Co-Founder @RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>. Don’t
forget to tweet about SoJust using #sojust!

Socializing for Justice -  <http://www.sojust.org/>www.sojust.org<http://www.sojust.org>
SoJust is all about building a cross-cultural, cross-issue progressive
community, network and movement in Boston. We're doing it by putting the
SOCIAL back in SOCIAL JUSTICE. We focus on creating welcoming spaces that
foster relationship-building across issue silos.

SoJust isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3) and receives no outside funding. We're
a grassroots volunteer-run member-supported cross-issue progressive
community that's been growing steadily since August 2006. We have over
2,100 members, we have hosted 130+ events and we manage an online hub of
progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org. If you've benefited
from this cross-issue progressive network please contribute the suggested
annual membership fee of $25. You may do this online<http://www.sojust.org/dues/>or at any of our events. Thank you for helping us continue to provide a
space for like-minded progressives of all stripes.

Want to know more about SoJust? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/3187615>and past
event photos <http://sojust.org/photos/>!