[act-ma] "We're Not Broke" Featuring JP's Chuck Collins and

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Sun Sep 30 15:14:53 PDT 2012

More below. Join us tomorrow, Monday October 1, for JP NET Movie Night to
watch We're Not
Broke<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IdzTgaXIYnhaFAI2SeJGAI0PTVmyqbLL>!
Featuring
JP's own *Chuck Collins*, We’re Not
Broke<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q%2BvI7dGx%2FWtHsR5jxQL4NI0PTVmyqbLL>
is
the story of how U.S. corporations have been able to hide over a trillion
dollars from Uncle Sam and how seven fed-up Americans from across the
country take their frustration to the streets... and vow to make the
corporations pay their fair share.

Join us for the film, discussion with Chuck, and *free popcorn.*

*Monday, October 1, 7pm
The Nate Smith House, 155 Lamartine Street
**RSVP on Facebook
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pi2BZzZtMRx3fjMjrQTBV40PTVmyqbLL>
*
America is in the grip of a societal economic panic. Lawmakers cry “We’re
Broke!” as they slash budgets, lay off schoolteachers, police, and
firefighters, crumbling our country’s social fabric and leaving many
Americans scrambling to survive. Meanwhile, multibillion-dollar American
corporations like Exxon, Google and Bank of America are making record
profits. And while the deficit climbs and the cuts go deeper, these
corporations—with intimate ties to our political leaders—are concealing
colossal profits overseas to avoid paying U.S. income tax. *Presented in
collaboration with Greater Boston Move to Amend*
------------------------------

*Also Coming Up*

*October Potluck: Transition Stories from Around New England
**Friday, October 19, 7pm*
First Church UU JP, 6 Eliot Street

We'll hear stories from Transition Initatives from around New England. Stay
tuned for details.

*October Movie Night - Shift Change: Putting Democracy to
Work<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gDYGcz%2BcB2zhN7la5LVu30usFeae4oJd>
Sunday, October 21*
Northeastern University
*More details to follow!*

*Shift Change* tells the little known stories of employee owned businesses
that compete successfully in today’s economy while providing secure,
dignified jobs in democratic workplaces. *Presented in collaboration with
the Boston Area Solidarity Economy Network*

*The Moral and Spiritual Dimensions of Climate Change with Bill McKibben
Sunday, October 28, 3:30pm*
First Church UU JP, 6 Eliot Street

In collaboration with MA Interfaith Power and Light, a conversation with
world-renowned climate change expert Bill McKibben. More details to come,
stay tuned.
------------------------------

JP New Economy Transition<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MNDcJXsS2vn%2FklfDOn8eSI0PTVmyqbLL>is
working to ensure all of us live well in the new economy. Our website
is
http://jptransition.org/<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tp%2BZ3F3YjV6UbpQQy5MEI40PTVmyqbLL>.

"Like<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gSBVtZZ755td3sZ4oR4Byo0PTVmyqbLL>"
this on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JPtransition.

This email was sent to daria at casinelli.org. If you have received this email
in error or wish to unsubscribe click
here<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=U%2BlNk7VJjGGJVkk1W9ZHJ40PTVmyqbLL>
.
 **

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11