[act-ma] 10/27, 4pm (Sat) Green House Party for John Tierney, Peabody

Phillip Sego, Mass Sierra Club phil at sierraclubmass.org
Fri Oct 26 04:33:50 PDT 2012

"Green" House Party
with Congressman John Tierney
and Special Guest, Renowned Environmentalist Jan Schlichtmann

Saturday October 27, 2012
4:00 to 6:00pm
9 Main Street, Peabody
Click here for a map - http://goo.gl/maps/0Wt11
Admission: free

Please join the Sierra Club and fellow environmentalists for a House
Party with Congressman John Tierney, with special guest, renowned
environmentalist Jan Schlichtmann. This will be a great opportunity to
meet one of the strongest and most passionate environmentalists in the
US Congress.

Congressman John Tierney has been endorsed by the Sierra Club. He is
one of the greenest voting records in Congress, ranking at or near
100% every year that he's been in office. Congressman Tierney is
advocating for clean energy jobs, training to supporting clean air
protections, and reducing our dependence on foreign oil. The
Congressman is a environmental champion who needs to continue fighting
for our issues.

Attorney Jan Schlichtmann's chemical contamination lawsuit against
W.R. Grace and Beatrice Foods in Woburn inspired the 1998 film "A
Civil Action," which starred John Travolta. The groundbreaking nature
of the case and Mr. Schlichtmann's work in it has also been the
subject of a number of national and international television and radio
shows, press reports, and magazine stories including "60 Minutes" and
"Nova," as well as articles in legal and scientific journals and
books.

The race is closer than ever and you have an opportunity to make a
difference that will help win the race. In the coming days, we need to
contact like-minded voters and to mobilize to help pound the pavement
with the campaign. This race will come down to the wire and direct
voter contact is the only way we're going to win.  Please come!

Refreshments and pizza will be served

RSVPs welcome at http://j.mp/oct27th or
http://www.facebook.com/events/157694861043660/

Can't make it to the House Party? Step up for the Environment! We need
your help in calling and canvassing in your community. Contact
green at sierraclubmass.org or 617-807-0311 today!