[act-ma] [UJP] Monday: National Day of Action on the Fiscal Cliff

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Sun Dec 9 21:59:26 PST 2012

UJP: Monday: National Day of Action on the Fiscal Cliff p, h1, h2, h3
{font-family: Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial; }
======== MONDAY: NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION ON THE FISCAL CLIFF ==================

 */A Call to all Supporters of the Budget for All Referendum to participate
in the/*

*Monday, December 10:

*

*National Day of Action on the Fiscal Cliff

*

* *

*Now is the time to bring the overwhelming results of the Budget for All
vote **into the public debate. On Monday, December 10 we have an opportunity
to support two actions organized by our allies in this Battle of the Budget:
the AFL-CIO and MassUniting.  We must be there with our signs and our
message. Please try to attend one or both of these events.  Bring signs such
as "Budget for All", "Fund Our Communities Not War", "Stop the Afghanistan
War," **and do everything you can to spread the word to your contacts.*

*1:00pm at Faneuil Hall in Boston

*

*Rally for Jobs, Not Cuts!

*

Direct Testimony of those who will be affected by Budget cuts inside Faneuil
Hall followed by a march to the Financial District. Join friends, neighbors
and community leaders as we tell Congress it's time to get to work on the
issues that really matter: protecting services, raising revenue and creating
good jobs!

*4:00pm  Office of Sen. Kerry

*

*Candlelight Campaign Against Cuts

*

*1 Bowdoin Square Boston **(corner New Chardon and Cambridge Sts.; Bowdoin T
stop)**

*

The AFL-CIO is organizing State Federations and Central Labor Councils across
the country in a national day of action. Join the Greater Boston Labor
Council and MoveOn.Org on International Human Rights Day to send Congress a
message:*

*

*NO Tax Breaks for the Richest 2%

*

*NO Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid Cuts.**

*

For a flyer, click here:
*http://gbclc.com/sites/gbclc.com/files/Candle%20Light%20Vigil%20No%20Cuts%2012-10-12.pdf*
[1]

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[3]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [4]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [5] Upcoming Events:  Rally Against
Cuts to Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid [6] Mon Dec 10 1:00pm Faneuil
Hall Boston Candlelight Campaign Against Cuts [7] Mon Dec 10 4:00pm Sen.
Kerry's Office Boston Phyllis Bennis: The Road Ahead [8] Wed Jan 16 7:00pm
Episcopal Divinity School Cambridge
/More Peace and Justice Events [9].    How to Submit Events [10]/

[1] http://gbclc.com/sites/gbclc.com/files/Candle%20Light%20Vigil%20No%20Cuts%2012-10-12.pdf
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[4] mailto:info at justicewithpeace.org