[act-ma] Wed 12/19 Motherhood and Poverty in America on Occupy Boston Radio (FSU Program)

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Tue Dec 18 09:23:54 PST 2012

The Free School University Program Presents

Wed 12/19 7:00 pm USA Eastern on OB RADIO (http://obr.fm <http://obr.fm/> )
w/ rebroadcasts the following Monday 10:00 am and Wednesday 7:00 am.
Podcasts put up within about 10 days after original broadcast.

Motherhood and Poverty in America
<http://fsuradio.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/1219-motherhood-and-poverty-in-ame
rica-rebroadcast/>  (Rebroadcast)

With U. Mass Boston Professor Randy Albelda

Guests we had on during the early days of this show got shortchanged on
airtime, because we had not yet established regular rebroadcasts, show
archives or podcasts. This is too bad, because some of them were really
wonderful shows. So we're trying to remedy that with some rebroadcasts and
belated podcasts.

This week's rebroadcast first aired around Mother's Day, and featured
feminist, activist and economics professor Randy Albelda sharing her deep
understanding of the way poverty is not only feminized but, to coin a word,
motherized in our society.  She helps us understand why it is so difficult
for single mothers to avoid poverty.  She talks about what programs work
(even if they have always been too stingy to really work well), and which
ones don't, and why. Most important for activists, she tells us what we
should demand of our government if we really want to end poverty.

Randy Albelda is co-author (with Chris Tilly) of Glass Ceilings and
Bottomless Pits: Women's Work, Women's Poverty, and author of numerous
articles on women and poverty in Dollars and Sense magazine and elsewhere.

http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archives/2012/0112albelda.html

Motherhood and Poverty in America
with U.  Mass Boston Prof. Randy Albelda
Wednesday, 12/19/2012 7:00 pm USA Eastern Time
(Rebroadcast of a show that aired 3/7/12)
Occupy Boston Radio - OBR.FM
with rebroadcasts the following Monday 10:00 am
and Wednesday 7:00 am

Occupy Boston Radio is not-for-profit, volunteer-based, community radio,
currently available by internet only.
The Free School University Program is a weekly series - educational
programming by and for the 99%.

Listen:  <http://obr.fm> http://obr.fm
Blog: http://fsuradio.wordpress.com
Sign up for podcasts: