[act-ma] GreenPort Forum, January 15 at 7pm: sustainable food system in New England

Steve Wineman steven.wineman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:45:21 PST 2013

*Greeport Forum* - January 15 at 7pm.  *Can New England Feed Itself?**
 *Presented
by Hannah Ramer, researcher for New England Food System Vision.  New
England presents a tremendous opportunity to create a healthy, resilient,
sustainable food system. By growing more food locally we can improve our
health, bolster our economy, protect our environment, and empower our
citizens.  However, scaling up local and regional agriculture is a great
challenge to achieve.  How much quality cropland and pasture land is
potentially available?  How do we connect all our citizens with good,
healthy food?  Our vision explores connections between production and
consumption; farming, fishing, and eating. Join us to discuss these
critical issues.   Cambridgeport Baptist Church, 459 Putnam Ave (corner of
Magazine and Putnam). For more information contact steven.wineman at gmail.com